Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Help with Spools ?? >

Help with Spools ??

Help with Spools ??

Old 01-10-2011, 08:38 AM

ok they have all these large spools of thread now ...which are great ..but...how do you use them with your reg. spool holders that come with your machine? I have the longest one TRYING to hold this one up now ...its to big to lay down lol ...the way I have it now works fine on quilt stitch I'm using cause it does not turn fast ...but when I wind a bobbin look out lol I have to stick my finger in the top to keep it from flying cross the room !! So what are yall using ?? please share your info lol

Oh this is the bedspread I'm working on with all the women doing there chore's that I embroidered.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]157170[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-157165.jpe  
Old 01-10-2011, 08:39 AM

I'm waiting on the answer, have never bought one, didn't know I could use such a spool.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by LINDA CATLEGE
I'm waiting on the answer, have never bought one, didn't know I could use such a spool.
well I figue they are making so many with quilting thread on it sooo there's gota be a way to use them lol ..we'll find out on here I'm sure of it :thumbup:
Old 01-10-2011, 08:42 AM

There's a link to a tute somewhere on here about purchasing a thing from the hardware store that goes in the back of your toilet. It's the rod that attaches to the flusher and then pulls on the chain to pull up the plug and that allows the water to go from the back to the bowl. Anyway, you can attach that rod to the back of your machine then just place the cone of thread in a large coffee cup on the table behind your machine.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:44 AM

I bought a stand that can hold 2 big spools at a time that sits on the table beside the sewing machine. There is a loopy thingy that the thread goes through. I know I haven't described this very well, but can't think of any other way to describe it.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:44 AM

I use a home made large thread holder. It is an old paper towel holder with a piece of coat hanger attached to hold thread. Check it out. There are alot of ideas here. http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-62090-2.htm
Old 01-10-2011, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by raptureready
There's a link to a tute somewhere on here about purchasing a thing from the hardware store that goes in the back of your toilet. It's the rod that attaches to the flusher and then pulls on the chain to pull up the plug and that allows the water to go from the back to the bowl. Anyway, you can attach that rod to the back of your machine then just place the cone of thread in a large coffee cup on the table behind your machine.
get outs here girl are you serious ? lol hey I bet it works thou
Old 01-10-2011, 08:47 AM

The thing you purchase for the thread to sit on is something like ..... has the word tree in it. ?
Old 01-10-2011, 08:49 AM

There are threadholders that stand behind your machine and has a hook on top that you pull the thread through and then thread your machine. works great ! think Joanns has them hanging up for 9.99 usually black and you just screw in the pole to the bottom part and your set to go !
Old 01-10-2011, 08:51 AM

I put that size spool on the table behind my machine directly beneath where it sits on the machine and use the spool holder as a guide for the thread. Just be sure to place it so you don't knock it over if you are doing FMQ.