Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: help

I want to make a 3D Faux Cathedral Window quilt block. I need 90 10 in squares for the middle and I only have fabric for 70 squares. What can I do . All responese are appreciated. The flowered fabric is going to be the center. The rolled part around the center is going to be plain muslin. the four other colors are the outside block.

picture of smple block
    Name:  Attachment-207398.jpe
Views: 10
Size:  32.4 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images    

There isn't much you can do except maybe introduce a new color to the plan and then draw it out on graph paper for placement. Short is short.

I would just play with the graph paper - you will come up with a great layout :)

If it were me - I'd add the green since the print you have is dark with a lot of green. I think the other two colors will be too bright and detract from the print... but then I'd also use black fabric instead of muslin. I walk to a different beat. ;)

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If you make your squares out of your four colors and the muslin, I would think you could cut the floral pattern much smaller than 10 inches and still roll the muslin over it's edges. There are Youtube videos that do it that way.

the other option is multiple borders....

I am new to quilting so I would keep it simple and probably use multiple borders too. By the way, I really like your colors!

Thank you for all the sugesstions -lots of options. Once again the quilt board member come to the rescue.

there's something that sure looks like a yellow-gold color in there. it may not not actually be gold, but it reads as gold and i think that if you put gold against it you'd find that it accentuated the gold appearance.

edit: it might be the color of a manilla envelope. it's hard to tell from the pic, but it's definitely there.

edit: nope. yellowy-gold.

That will be very pretty.