Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Help!

Help!

I hope the pic works this time I am lost as to what to quilt on this so any suggestions would really really be appreciated--my daughter sent this to me and asked me to quilt it---I am new and still figuring out what designs go with what---thanks for your time and suggestions. Em
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by EMKC; 08-10-2012 at 08:51 PM. Reason: forgot to attach backing

I think a simple meander would look nice. I like to use curvy quilting with linear piecing.
    A fabric stash is always missing that one fabric needed to finish the quilt on which you're working.

I usually also do curved quilting on linear piecing and would usually go with feathers in the white squares, but somehow, I looked at your beautiful quilt and thought "square spiral" - easier on a domestic then on a longarm, but if you are using a longarm, just use a ruler to keep you straight. I would start about 1/2" into the block and go around, leaving an inch between the lines as you spiral in and then spiral out again between your lines - you end up with quilting about 1/2" apart, and an easy way to go into and out of each block without stopping and starting at each block.

Leah Day did something like this, except hers is much smaller, but it will give you the idea: http://freemotionquilting.blogspot.c...re-spiral.html

I would make one spiral per block.
    Last edited by Farm Quilter; 08-10-2012 at 09:00 PM.

My favorite place in the world is Lake Erie Region USA
    Blog Entries
    Your ...I am new...new to quilting? Than offset and streight line white triangles and stitch in ditch the color fabrics. Use the longest stitch length. Nice top. Good luck..unless you are good at free motion...keep lines streight.
    Sometimes you just have to sit in a chair and jog in order to get anywhere.
    Ell

I can't help with the quilting...... but I just wanted to say I love the quilt!

Hugs

Caroline
    Caroline

Just beautiful, great job and thank you for sharing, sorry I can't help with the quilting part
    Have a Blessed day
    Ellen

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinePaj View Post
    I can't help with the quilting...... but I just wanted to say I love the quilt!

Hugs

Caroline
    Ditto... I'm no help in the suggestion department (I think it depnds on if you want to soften the squares or go with them -- I think either way would be good), but I wanted to say I love this quilt! It looks so crisp & fresh!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Blog Entries
    I vote some stitch in the ditch to keep it from moving and then some thing with curves in it.
    Or in you white spaces some feathers.

Blog Entries
    Very pretty quilt. How about a large daisy-type flower in each square then something simple in the borders?
    Joyce

Blog Entries
    Very nice quilt, but if I'm seeing it clearly looks like the borders are waving a bit. Easiest way to calm them down is meandering, but if you want it to be special, consider doing a paisly design especially in the white areas and the borders. Sort of a teardrop type design, keeping the base of the teardrop the same and echoing out on the top. After 3 or 4 echos, move to the second one. and so forth. I love this design and use it a lot to really fancy up a quilt.
    Sally Dolin -The Lazy Quilter
    Gammill Classic+
    Rock Island, IL

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast