Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Here is the photo of appliqued sheep quilt that I promised to post

I finally took a photo of the appliqued sheep quilt that I finished. This is the quilt that I struggled with skipped stitches because I decided to quilt on top of the appliqued sheep & scallops. It turned out ok & I learned a lot on the way. I'm hoping all the advice I got from helpful people on this quilting message board will make me ready for the next appliqued quilt that I have planned. The designer of this quilt is Carol Burniston & she also wrote a book that this quilt is in called: :D WONDERFULLY WHIMSICAL QUILTS. I got my copy of the pattern from a calendar with some of her patterns in it. :D Hope the photo comes through ok as I'm new at this.

Pam
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Boo
    Lovely closeup of the echo quilting on the border. You really did a great job! I love detail photos, as they complete the experience in lieu of actually seeing it in person. That border treatment is something I will put in my idea journal for future reference.

lin
    I'm so glad I get to see a close-up Pam. I was just commenting on the other thread that I liked what I could see of your quilting, and voila!! Here it is up close and personal. :D Your quilting is fantastic!!!! I can't remember now what the problem was with the skipped stitches (I've slept since then LOL) but whatever it was, it looks like you overcame it just fine. That is really good work! :thumbup:

I just love the look on the face!! LOL

This is *so* cute!! I absolutely love the quilt. Is the entire thing appliqued??? The borders, the pinwheels, everything? Wow I'm impressed.

Thanks for the pattern info, too. This is definitely going on my "to do" list.

rf

That is adorable! That is my kind of sheep! (we live on a sheep farm--not our animals, but...they can be annoying) I love the work you've done!!!

Yes, the whole thing is appliqued. The pinwheels, the scalloped borders & the sheep. The pinwheels made me think of Windmills out on a farm that might be blowing those sheep in all different directions. The expressions on the sheep faces just cracked me up when I saw this pattern. I think the pink sheep look like cotton candy.

Pam

Very cute - he/she has soulful eyes.

Blog Entries
    that is just too cute