Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Here are some of my "new" sewing machines >

Here are some of my "new" sewing machines

Here are some of my "new" sewing machines

Old 07-27-2010, 07:48 AM

I don't have the original machine that came with the cabinet. I have an older Singer machine that my mother gave me back in the 70's when whe got a new machine. I will have to do a little research & find out how old my Singer machine - that still works fine - is. My sister originally confiscated the cabinet, but relenquished it to me when my mother died in 1984.

Originally Posted by Annaquilts
Originally Posted by donnajean
I have the exact same Singer cabinet that your Singer 15-91 is in. It was given to me by my mother many years ago. I am almost 67 now. Do you know the year this cabinet was made?
This machine is from 1914. That is wonderful you have your mother's sewing cabinet. That means much more then just finding a good deal. Did your mother also quilt? You said cabinet, was there a machine in it also? Enjoy!
Old 07-27-2010, 09:10 AM
Power Poster

Oh my, what beautiful machines. I'm green with envy. Thanks for sharing them with us.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:20 AM
Kas

I am jealous of your 66! Mine was really worse for the wear. The "before" pics of mine are on the vintage machine shop thread. I am waiting for my new camera to do the "after" pics. I finally got the bobbin slide-plate put on last night and sewed with her! Poor baby. Her cabinet had been left in the rain or something after being spraypainted yellow. And mice had made their nests in her drawers! Cabinet drawers, that is! My decals on the base are worn and the jappaning is chipped along the edges and cracked in others. Like I said. I am JEALOUS! Beautiful machine!
Old 07-27-2010, 09:27 AM

Wow, You are very lucky to have those. Thanks for sharing.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:45 AM

wonderful machines! congrats!
Old 07-27-2010, 10:59 AM

My sister has one she wants to sell. I have no idea what the number is I will have to ask her. These are really nice.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:17 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltsRfun
Seeing all the pictures of these fabulous finds is giving me sewing machine envy. Everytime I see one I think, "Wish I could find one like that." But it's probably a good thing I haven't cause I'd have no place to put them all. :) There's just one that I'm really hoping to have one day - my mother's 301 which is the one I learned to sew on. It may be a while before it's available and I many not even be the one who's chosen. But I'm hoping.
Quiltsrfun I heard the Singer 301 are wonderful for quilting and piecing. We just got one today thast needs lots of love and is not in running order. Hopefully DH can fix it. It would be so many times more special if it would have been from my mother. I grew up in Europe during my early years and learned to sew on my mom's Pfaff. She left it when we immigrated. My grandmother had a treadle too. I am not even sure what it was. I know who got it. A niece who always helped clean the house when my grand mother was elderly. I hope it is loved.
Old 07-31-2010, 02:01 PM

Beautiful, Stunning, Exquisite, Gorgeous, what more can I say, but I'm soooooooo ENVIOUS of you!!!
Old 07-31-2010, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts
I was looking for a treadle and information on treadles and that is how I found this wonderful quilting board. In the meantime a treadle Red Eye Singer 66 from 1914 and a Singer 15-91 electric joined our family. Here are some pictures of them
WOW!!!! I WONT OnE! :cry: :hunf: :hunf: :!: :-P :mrgreen: :thumbup: :XD: They are beautiful additions to your family but if they behave badly please send them to my house to be corrected!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :XD: :thumbup:
Old 07-31-2010, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by texas granny
My sister has one she wants to sell. I have no idea what the number is I will have to ask her. These are really nice.
If it is still for sale pm me I really want one!!! :mrgreen: :thumbup: :XD: