Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Here is what I did this week

My SIL's neice just had a baby and there's a sad story to go with the good news....her fiance committed suicide a couple weeks before the baby was born.....so I told her I thought the baby should have a quilt and I made this up this week, finished it today and added his name and birth date (embroidery) in the lid on the box, but took this pic before I did that.

It was quite a challenge because every picture or idea I found I had to either make my own pattern or convert one to the size I needed.... so I am pretty proud of it! and I did it in record time I think too....started it Tuesday afternoon! LOL

Again, the colors are MUCH brighter than they show in the pic!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

lin
    Oh my. That really is sad CQ. :( I'll keep her in my prayers.

You did a wonderful job on the baby quilt! It's bright and cheery and really well made. You should be proud of what you did!! :)

Pictures never show the true vitality of a quilt. They're always better in person. But we can tell how darling it is!!

My heart breaks for this new mother. How terribly sad!

What a fun quilt for the new little one. It's a bright happy quilt. Just what that household needs right now. I'm impressed with how fast you designed, figured, plotted and sewed! You're good :!:

A truely wonderful quilt. Its one any little boy would be proude to have. He is a very lucky little guy and a big comfort to Mom both are in my prayers.

what a beautiful quilt. sorry the loss. i will keep the family in my prayers.

OMG! What a tragic story, but hopefully the baby is helping her keep on the positive side of things!
    You did a wonderful job on the quilt! It looks really, really wonderful/great/super/awesome!!!!!!

that's really nice!

Blog Entries
    WoW :shock: Your blocks are amazing! I love each and every one of them! Good Job, the little guy will be loving his blankie for a long, long time :D :D :D
    I am sure that this will also bring a smile to Mama's face too when she sees it. :D

I love it... I am so sorry to hear about her fiance:( ... I will keep them in my thoughts and prayers..

joy
    Life throws us a few bricks at times - that is especially sad.... you have done a beaut job of that quilt... what a lovely friend this woman has in you..... well done.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast