Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: here's something....

not what I'd call a quilt, my comforter was wearing thin so I made two sides, sewed them together and stuffed the comforter in...a couple of ties and its done :D and since I'm the only one to see it, all the mistakes don't matter :wink: now let's see if I can attach pictures.....
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Clever!! A quilted duvet cover. That's a good, and thrifty, way to change one's comforter for the seasons! Thanks for sharing!!! Quite inspiring project!

i love it :!: :!: :!: :!: the fabrics are beautiful and it looks very cozy. i could snuggle right up with this beautiful comforter.

Thanks =) It sounds so much better the way you describe it =) My son wants me to do his now...."without all the flowers" he says :-) It also made it a lot heavier and warmer :-o

What a clever idea and what a way to use up some scrap fabric. :thumbup: I am going to have to try it. Thanks for the idea. :roll:

I've been wanting to make one of those to cover a down comforter so I can take it off & wash it more often. How do you keep the comforter inside from bunching up??

annmarie, i have a regular duvet on my down comforter and it stays on just like a pillow case. just make sure to stuff it into the corners when you put it on (kind of like putting a pillow case on a down pillow you have to tuck the corner of the pillow, or comforter in this case, into the corner of the duvet) doesn't seem to bunch up at all.
    good luck.

Waaa Laa, A nice duvet cover as stated. There are ways to make sure the corners towards the bottom stay down and don't bunch.I've seen and read about 2-3 different ways. Nice job.

I am thinking of making a duvet cover and I think i'm going to sew a ribbon on each corner of the actual quilt and one ribbon on each corner(wrong side) of the duvet. This way I can tie the ribbons together and the quilt cant shift or bunch up..suzanne

Blog Entries
    I like! Especially the autumn side!