Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Hippie Love Beads, Stack and Whackadelic!

Hippie Love Beads, Stack and Whackadelic!

Hi all,
    I posted a picture of this one as a wip a while back. I finished it up last month. When I first posted it I wasn't sure what I was going to do for the setting triangles. I found the black with silver stars fabric in my Mom's stash, it worked out great. Actually the wild print for the snw blocks also came from Mom's stash! I had lots of little stacked 4 patches leftover`that I used in pieced blocks for the backing and also a spin-off, square in a square quilt I'm still working on.
    Attached Images Attached Images        

I love your hippie beads quilt. I haven't seen that setting before for a hexagon but it's very interesting. Hexagons are my passion. Is this your own design. or if there's a pattern out there, can you share?

Blog Entries
    Oh, My, the original fabric is sooooo ugly (to me) BUT your quilt is beautiful! It goes to show that there are no ugly fabrics!!

Very beautiful!

so pretty! I admire your creativity !! It does remind me of all the beads from the era ...
    Make it a scrappy happy day!

Holy cats, that's beautiful! Talk about the "ugly duckling" transformation! And, ya, as msariano asked, is this your own design layout? I really like the idea of piecing the back side, making an interesting "reversible" quilt.

I should have given credit to Linda Rotz Miller for this setting. She does the most amazing things with stack and whack blocks, she's the master. There isn't a pattern, it's a regular 8 wedge stack and whack block, set on point. To square off the octagon you put black triagles and the left and right side and solid color of your choice top and bottom. The sashing matches the black triangles and the corner stones match the top and bottom triangles. It's an easy layout, but I sure didn't come up with it. Kudos to Linda Rotz Miller!!
    Quote Originally Posted by StrayCat View Post
    Holy cats, that's beautiful! Talk about the "ugly duckling" transformation! And, ya, as msariano asked, is this your own design layout? I really like the idea of piecing the back side, making an interesting "reversible" quilt.

That is so stunning! Great job!
    When you sleep under a quilt, you sleep under a blanket of love.

Blog Entries
    nice work... love the pattern
    Nancy in western NY

Very pretty. I can also see that pattern used in other colors to resemble Christmas ornaments.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast