Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Hoop Sisters Embroidered Feathered Star Quilt

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by earthwalker View Post
    Gorgeous quilt and the border you did is exceptional. Worth every extra yard of thread. Well done.
    totally agree.....BEAUTIFUL piece of art

Lovely quilt.

Love that quilt. Very beautiful

Love your quilt

It is beautiful and I love your border. I don't know which one they chose, but I like yours. I really like Hoop Sisters. No affiliation, just like them.
    Have a blessed day.

Linda

Blog Entries
    Hi raksmum! I have fallen in LOVE with this quilt and am furiously searching the web for a place I can purchase a kit/cd/download, anything. Hoopsisters doesn't have this available anymore. Can you tell me about the back? It appears to be a "quilt-as-you-go" but I'm not sure. I found a place that has three more classes and I'm going to beg/throw-a-hissy/plead for them to let me in..... This is a truly amazing work of art!
    Kimberli

Blog Entries
    Thanks Kimberli! This quilt doesn't come as a kit so you choose your own fabrics. That was the hardest part for me! Too bad Hoopsisters doesn't have this now as it just came out in January. Try and get into that class if you can. You would only really need one class to figure out how to do it and all the instructions and videos are on the cd so you really could do it on your own if you have to. The border cd is a separate cost which I did buy but then changed my mind.
    Yes, it is quilt as you go and there is a sashing put on the back to sew the blocks together. I didn't like the way the back looked (because of all the different thread colors) so I chose to back mine like a normal quilt. If you want to leave it as a quilt as you go then my suggestion is to use the same color bobbin thread throughout that matches the backing fabric you choose. I also didn't use the battilizer (which is a suggested by Hoopsisters on this one, I find it a bit pricey so I just used a normal batting). Good luck in getting into the class, you will enjoy doing this quilt. Keep me posted!

I have only done one other Hoopsisters, the Goosetracks and here is a picture of it. This was done as a wall hanging.

Blog Entries
    Goose Tracks wallhanging
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Outstanding work!!!

Blog Entries
    Amazing!! I'm going to love the Hoopsisters I think...... :-} I'm starting mine Tuesday evening....
    Kimberli

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 LastLast