Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Hoop Sisters Embroidered Feathered Star Quilt

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by newbee3 View Post
    this is embroidery am I right a friend of mine is making this same quilt I think
    Yes it is.

Your work is lovely, the quilt beautiful, the border phenomenal. What a perfect creation!

WOW! Your quilt is beautiful, I just love stars and the quilting in fantastic. Certainly a piece of work.

The quilt is stunning. You are truly to be congratulated. That is a very time consuming quilt. Hoop Sisters does do a great time with their digitizing which makes it a lot easier.

I have a work in progress - Goose Tracks. I really don't understand how to cover the seams on the back. Would you mind sharing a picture of the back of the quilt & tell me how you sewed the bias tape on the back? Or whatever method & covering you used?

Thanks so much for sharing!
    Sew a Little, Love a Lot & Live like you were dying!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Barb in Louisiana View Post
    The quilt is stunning. You are truly to be congratulated. That is a very time consuming quilt. Hoop Sisters does do a great time with their digitizing which makes it a lot easier.

I have a work in progress - Goose Tracks. I really don't understand how to cover the seams on the back. Would you mind sharing a picture of the back of the quilt & tell me how you sewed the bias tape on the back? Or whatever method & covering you used?

Thanks so much for sharing!
    Sending you a pm with pictures of how to do it. I, personally, did not like the sashing on the back so I put another backing on and did the old stitch in the ditch.

I was wondering if Warm and Natural would be stable enough for embroidery in the hoop. Apparently it worked just fine

Forgot to ask what machine you use....if you've said, I missed that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oldquilter View Post
    I was wondering if Warm and Natural would be stable enough for embroidery in the hoop. Apparently it worked just fine
    It worked great for me. When I did the Goose Tracks I made a wallhanging so the battilizer was good for that because it is stiff. I didn't want this queen to be that stiff so took my chances on the Warm and Natural and I am happy with it. I used a Pfaff Creative vision 5.0 on this one and a Baby Lock Essante for the Goose Tracks.

Blog Entries
    Gorgeous, and the border is magnificent!

WOW!!! I love this it is simply stunning both in craftsmanship and quilting! THank you for sharing.
    Hugs
    April

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 ... LastLast