This is a UFO I ran across early March that was started clear back in 2002 or 2003. After looking over what I had done back then, I was so amazed at how far I truly have come in quilting. :shock: I scrapped the blocks that had been made as they were not even close to what they were s'posed to be! It is the Attic Windows pattern from quilterscache, and I think they were meant to be 12 1/2" unfinished after 4 windows were put together. I started measuring and they were all anything but that! Some were as small as 9 1/2" so I reckon I lost quite a bit somehow. LoL! I measured the seams and .. wait for it... yep, that's what the problem was. My seams were atrocious, to say the least! :oops:
So, I figure "I'll just wing it and see how it comes out." I've been working on it off and on for a month now and just finished the binding a bit ago. I must say, I really like what turned out of this mess and just need a name for it so I can get her labeled and out of the UFO pile. I have no idea where it's going after that but atleast it is done, done , DONE!!
The mess I started with that ended up scrapped
Starting to get somewhere here
The end result! So glad I kept with it