Here is a link Sometimes 'good' ideas really are good! to a post I made about a year ago. I had made a dog bed for my two mutts and made a quilt just for them. I guess you might say I’m crazy about my dogs. Well that quilt is almost worn out from the use and laundering it gets. The seams are starting to fail and it may never come completely clean again (thanks to North Carolina red clay ).
The last 2 and a half weeks have been spent making them a new quilt. This time there will be no seams to fail in the area where they lie on it. It is almost a whole cloth quilt. I put 2 layers of brown down the center where it will get the most wear and I backed it with scraps of fleece that I’ve been wondering what to do with. Also, I used the cheapest poly batting available! $7.50 for a double bed size! I drew the silhouettes with black Sharpie pens (which I can renew the color on when they start to fade). I Knew I would be quilting very densely so I just used up a lot of my leftover threads spools and just kept changing colors, however, the quilting on this quilt is not as nice as I would like because I was in a hurry to ‘get-er-dun’ and because it was a VERY heavy quilt! I’ve done several king sized quilts that were easier to quilt on my DSM. My arms and shoulders are paying the price for that now. Don’t think I’m going to do much quilting for a day or two….although, I do have 3 UFOs calling my name….I can hear them from here….