Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hounds of Baronville

The Hounds of Baronville

Here is a link Sometimes 'good' ideas really are good! to a post I made about a year ago. I had made a dog bed for my two mutts and made a quilt just for them. I guess you might say I’m crazy about my dogs. Well that quilt is almost worn out from the use and laundering it gets. The seams are starting to fail and it may never come completely clean again (thanks to North Carolina red clay ).
    The last 2 and a half weeks have been spent making them a new quilt. This time there will be no seams to fail in the area where they lie on it. It is almost a whole cloth quilt. I put 2 layers of brown down the center where it will get the most wear and I backed it with scraps of fleece that I’ve been wondering what to do with. Also, I used the cheapest poly batting available! $7.50 for a double bed size! I drew the silhouettes with black Sharpie pens (which I can renew the color on when they start to fade). I Knew I would be quilting very densely so I just used up a lot of my leftover threads spools and just kept changing colors, however, the quilting on this quilt is not as nice as I would like because I was in a hurry to ‘get-er-dun’ and because it was a VERY heavy quilt! I’ve done several king sized quilts that were easier to quilt on my DSM. My arms and shoulders are paying the price for that now. Don’t think I’m going to do much quilting for a day or two….although, I do have 3 UFOs calling my name….I can hear them from here….
    Attached Images Attached Images            

Blog Entries
    What an interesting quilting....
    thanks for sharing it
    nice

What a cool "doggie" quilt. Looks amazingly durable. You do love your dogs.

Blog Entries
    What a great quilt! Bet your fur babies loves it's warmth!
    Helen T.

Very cool!

Such a nice quilt!! Your other one was also bautiful! I am crazy when it comes to my dogs to!!! I gonna have to make them a bed as wonderful as yours!!!!

I love what you do for your fur babies!!! Your quilting on the quilts is marvelous. Thanks for sharing.

Kat

This is a wonderful quilt. The designs are very special and I would have it for my own. Your quilting is fun and will hold up to many washing. Thanks for sharing.
    quilting makes our lives go round so sweetly

Beautiful unusual quilt! Very nice and looks so warm and comfy for them!

You are so good! I love that quilt and I know that your fur babies will too. Love the corners you did.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast