How to

Old 08-11-2011, 05:20 AM

OK, my husband (he's the computer savvy one;I'm the computer illiterate one) nor myself can figure out how to load a picture onto this site. We are working from an Apple.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
P.S. The instructions on this site say "click the Browse button and select the file"--what browse button?
Attached Thumbnails attachment-239953.jpe  
Old 08-11-2011, 05:25 AM

Okay! Let me see if I can help, not a mac user! When you choose "Create a new Topic" it opens up a blank box to type in. Directly below this box is a place to upload 3 photos.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:26 AM

When you bring up the box to type a new topic or hit reply on a topic below the text box you will see FILE ATTACHMENTS. Click on choose file, it will bring down a menu to select where your pic is. Go to the pic and select it and it should show under your text. There is a text area next to each one where you can put a title or details. You can put up to 3 pics. Then hit send. DO NOT hit preview or your pics will disappear. I am also on a Mac.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by Sunnye
OK, my husband (he's the computer savvy one;I'm the computer illiterate one) nor myself can figure out how to load a picture onto this site. We are working from an Apple.
P.S. The instructions on this site say "click the Browse button and select the file"--what browse button?
When you click create a new topic in the upper left corner you'll get a window like this. After that click Browse in the bottom right and navigate to the image you want to upload. In the space to the left of the browse button you can type a caption to go with the uploaded image

caption appears here. :-)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]239955[/ATTACH]

If you need to add more than 3 immages, go back into your post and click the add new attachement link highlight below and it will allow you to add additional pictures one at a time.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]239956[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-239949.jpe   attachment-239950.jpe  
Old 08-11-2011, 05:30 AM
MTS
Banned

Are you doing it from a new thread or replying to an existing thread?

If it's an existing thread, you have to click the Quote or Reply Quote buttons, and then, like auntpiggy mentioned, you'll see the File Attachment option under the white reply box.

If, however, you're using the Quick Reply white box at the bottom of the thread page, you don't have the option to add pictures from there (and so there is no BROWSE button available). ;-)

You do have the option of adding attachments once your post has posted with the Add New Attachment option button.

Hope that helps.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:36 AM

If you're adding a pic to an existing post, you only need to click reply or quote reply, highlighted below, and then follow the same steps as before.

quote reply will copy all text in the post the link is attached to in a little box above your post. Like my text here.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]239958[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-239952.jpe  
Old 08-11-2011, 05:44 AM

Thanks for your help. I used the "add new attachment" button and it worked...this time!
I will keep playing around because I'm sure I'd like to add more pics later.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:49 AM

Why do I see "add new attachment" in some places but not others?
Old 08-11-2011, 05:49 AM

Oh that's nice. I love t-shirt quilts that are kinda scrappy. :thumbup:
Old 08-11-2011, 05:50 AM
MTS
Banned

Why do I see "add new attachment" in some places but not others?
You'll only see it on YOUR posts while the post is still available for editing.
Up to 30(?) minutes after posting. I don't know exactly how long the edit window lasts.