Here's my first finish of 2013, a Hunter's Star. I used a set of Stonehenge fat quarters. I got so bored making the blocks ... half-way through I was ready to scream. Then, I went a little crazy with the quilting (free motion), and half-way through that, I was again getting very bored and was ready to quit. But, I managed to finish it.
I wanted to do a quilting design that would be like a whole cloth on the back. I probably could have used a slightly darker bobbin thread, but I'm pleased with the result.
The batting was a new type for me -- a silk,cotton, bamboo, wood fiber blend; I don't think I'll use it again, as it seemed to give off a lot of lint and "pills".