Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
I am an official quilter !! >

I am an official quilter !!

I am an official quilter !!

Old 10-15-2010, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by maggie2122
Welcome to the club .... but it's really not official until you stab yourself in the boob! I do it all the time. Hurts like hell. Guaranteed way to find stray pins though, just hug the quilt.
I do that all the time. ...LOL

When I was working in my Upholstery shop, I did manage to staple myself to a sofa and my pliers were just out of reach. I yelled and hollered, my son came to my rescue.
Old 10-15-2010, 08:26 PM

Welcome! =) You'll get so you hardly notice..
Old 10-16-2010, 03:33 AM

I keep band aids in my sewing room, its a daily thing. Quilting was supposed to be relaxing. Its become a extreme sport. Never know when your gonna run over your finger in the machine (which I did two weeks ago) gets the heart pumping. About 4 years ago my youngest son wanted to help me do some rotary cutting, dont ever let anyone help. He ran over the tip of my finger as I held down the ruler. Was ironing some bias a couple of weeks ago, fingers to close to the iron, burnt two of them. Used regular pins to sandwich a quilt, looked like I got into a fight with a cat, my arms were all tore up after just an hour. Then the light goes on "hey you upgraded to saftey pins a year ago! " The past couple of weeks I've been a purse making mode, I use alot of pins, some how I jabbed one in the palm of my hand, it was holding tight went in deep, when I jerked my hand back out of reaction the purse was hanging from the pin still stuck in my hand. While watching Fons and Porter the other day I saw that when they do their cutting they use a safety glove, that sounds like a good idea for me.
Old 10-16-2010, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by leatheflea
I keep band aids in my sewing room, its a daily thing. Quilting was supposed to be relaxing. Its become a extreme sport. Never know when your gonna run over your finger in the machine (which I did two weeks ago) gets the heart pumping. About 4 years ago my youngest son wanted to help me do some rotary cutting, dont ever let anyone help. He ran over the tip of my finger as I held down the ruler. Was ironing some bias a couple of weeks ago, fingers to close to the iron, burnt two of them. Used regular pins to sandwich a quilt, looked like I got into a fight with a cat, my arms were all tore up after just an hour. Then the light goes on "hey you upgraded to saftey pins a year ago! " The past couple of weeks I've been a purse making mode, I use alot of pins, some how I jabbed one in the palm of my hand, it was holding tight went in deep, when I jerked my hand back out of reaction the purse was hanging from the pin still stuck in my hand. While watching Fons and Porter the other day I saw that when they do their cutting they use a safety glove, that sounds like a good idea for me.
Leathelfea,

I used one of your sentences as a quote in my signature. I love it.

I am always tearing myself up. It doesn't matter what I am doing. A few years ago I was doing a tune up on my Nissian 300 ZX and the ratchet slipped and a I cut open my thumb. The ER Dr. glued it shut....lol...I told him I could have done that and saved myself a few hundred dollars. I have stapled myself to furniture, run the tips of my fingernails over in an industrial sewing machine. Sprained my ankle chasing a lizard across the yard (kids pet got loose, he didn't show up again until late fall....lol). Sliced the top of my finger almost off with one of those mandeline slicers (I now own a food processor).

The list goes on, but it's a first for bleeding all over a quilt. :)
Old 10-16-2010, 09:36 AM

Your first? Won't be the last!
Old 10-16-2010, 09:49 AM

Ouchies do hurt but now you are a quilter.