Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5

Thread: I did it!

Very, very nice :D

Wow, my daughter would love to have that - her room is done in pink, black, and white. Great job on it.

I made one too. Isn't it heavy. I used mine for a while, but it was just too heavy to carry all the time. I use it now to carry quilting supplies to and from class and quilt group... not such long trips like shopping. It was fun. I like making coasters, bowls and other items out of clothesline, but don't think I will do another purse. Quilter 1234

This is so pretty Dawn. You did such a good job on it!!

Quote Originally Posted by sewnsewer2
    Ok, now that I was able to make a clothesline purse, it is too 'young looking' for me. :(

I won't be making any more anytime too soon I will tell you that. :lol:
    I love making the coiled fabric baskets. The ones I make are completely enclosed in fabric strips though. I have the clothesline cord to make something like yours with the scrappy look where it's wrapped but I haven't yet.

The reason for my post is to remind you that since you weren't thrilled with the purse you made, think outside-the-box for other uses. I have made some beautiful bread baskets and included matching napkins for Christmas presents. They don't take nearly as long to make as a purse like yours. I also made lots of hot pads with left overs. The ladies I sent them to were thrilled with them. Some I used Christmas fabrics and some I used regular fabric that coordinated with their kitchen so they could use it all year round. You could also made the low bread basket size for other uses such as storage for your sewing supplies...just a thought.

There's a great tute on here for making clothesline rugs. I found that really fun and I'm saving up more scrapes for another one.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunnib
    Quote Originally Posted by sewnsewer2
    Ok, now that I was able to make a clothesline purse, it is too 'young looking' for me. :(

I won't be making any more anytime too soon I will tell you that. :lol:
    I love making the coiled fabric baskets. The ones I make are completely enclosed in fabric strips though. I have the clothesline cord to make something like yours with the scrappy look where it's wrapped but I haven't yet.

The reason for my post is to remind you that since you weren't thrilled with the purse you made, think outside-the-box for other uses. I have made some beautiful bread baskets and included matching napkins for Christmas presents. They don't take nearly as long to make as a purse like yours. I also made lots of hot pads with left overs. The ladies I sent them to were thrilled with them. Some I used Christmas fabrics and some I used regular fabric that coordinated with their kitchen so they could use it all year round. You could also made the low bread basket size for other uses such as storage for your sewing supplies...just a thought.
    Cool ideas, thanks!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5