Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: I didn't MEAN to make an UGLY quilt........

I didn't MEAN to make an UGLY quilt........

I had the best of intentions. Clean out the closet, throw out the shirts that I won't let my hubsband wear outside anymore. But WAIT.. I can make a QUILT from 14 shirts. I did. It's ugly. Its so busy it makes me dizzy. Maybe I can take the completed top and make it back into a SHIRT for hubby!! Put it in the guest room so people won't stay too long.
    MaryKatherine
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    marykayhopkins123.blogspot.ca

quilt it up and then judge, or just donate it if you're done with it. Looks fine to me. If you don't want to see it on one of your beds, I can guarantee you won't want to see it back on your husband ;-)
    I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health - Voltaire

It is a little busy. But I kind of like it anyway. I'm sure you can find a good use for it - an extra quilt for cold nights, give it to a local shelter, give it as a gift to someone who likes it, etc.

If that is ugly, then I have made lots of uglies - all scrappy. Seeing that you live in Canada, surely there is some poor soul who would be happy to have it to stay warm. Don't let all your work go to waste.

Power Poster
    It isn't subtle but sometimes a quilt top with lots going on is just plain fun! I think it's fun and add some more texture to it with quilting and you will fall in love with it.

i like it... i like ugly. which i think it is not. send it my way....lol
    ​debra

Blog Entries
    I love it, love it, love it!!! great idea!!!

Hey it's fine, not ugly- just different than most quilts you see here. You did a great job recycling those old shirts. If you don't like it then donate it to someone who will love it.

Kat

wow I don't think that's ugly at all! Our quilting ancestors did not use perfectly coordinated designer fabrics. I think you made a terrific quilt here with all those old shirts. Well done!

NE California - no where near the Bay Area!
    I kind of like it too. It would make a good picnic/camping quilt. I think the part I would like is it is a little bit of my husband. If you're like me, I love the smell of my husband's shirts. I can smell one of his shirts and I think of him. I would keep it just because it is reminiscent of my husband. Someday, it might mean the world to you or your children or grandchildren.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast