Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I do not like the quilting part! This looks-yucky? Added--I changed it. Haha!

Blog Entries
    I traced the cutest hearts onto this small top and free motioned around it. I love quilting using the feed dogs, but the bobbin goofs up if I go any direction but forwards--not too badly, but after doing the straight part, I was worried it would make a mess.

I tried connecting th hearts, but cut the thread and moved the needle to the other side to continue with the curly cues.

The hearts lost their cuteness. :?

I think maybe the heart in the center was a bad idea.
    There's one pucker.

Ugh. I can't do the fancy stuff.

I bow and take my hats off to those who quilt works of art!!

PS I tore the center heart out and requilted it. I'll post photos below. I guess I like it better. The rounded heart in the squared off one was really bugging me. I still like this one a LOT better before I quilted it. :roll:
    Attached Images Attached Images      

i see what you mean about the pucker. but it looks like with a little more practice you will be doing great. i, too salute those who freemotion with such elegance. i can't seem to get the hang.
    btw this is a cute quilt.

Blog Entries
    it could be a lot worse ..... i could've quilted it and REALLY messed it up for you. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Very cute! I don't think it's as bad as you think it is. Just think about it. Once it's washed, NO ONE will be able to detect it. I can hardly see it as it is. I love the look of quilts after they've been washed.

Izy
    Oh Kathy don't be sooo hard on yourself!! It looks amazing, and those hearts look perfect to me - hats off to your bravery, please don't get dis'heart'ened :lol: :lol: :lol: Pat yourself on the back for trying your best!! :D :D :D

Izy
    Ooops wrong name - KARLA - my apologies they dont call me dizzy izy for nothing lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

Blog Entries
    Here's the attempt at a fix--I just couldn't take that center heart. :roll:

It looks like scribbling. I went around the middle, then decided to go another round. It'd look better if I made an overall from the start.

Sigh.

What I REALLY need is a neighbor who hates making tops but LOVES quilting. What a team we'd make. :wink:

Attached Images Attached Images    

Don't be too hard on your self! I like your new center better too, it fits the style of the pieced heart. I think you need to give yourself credit!

Karla - what is wrong with that??? NOTHING!!! Many of us who have tried free motion could never get it that even. You go girl!!

Too bad we aren't neighbors :-(. I'm that one. I'd rather quilt than piece.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast