Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
I have acquired my Destiny!!! >

I have acquired my Destiny!!!

I have acquired my Destiny!!!

Old 06-17-2015, 06:58 PM

Congratulations!!! Have lots of fun with your new machine.
Old 06-17-2015, 07:12 PM

Congratulations! Sounds like you have a lot of fun things in your future!!
Old 06-17-2015, 08:13 PM

So glad for you! I'm learning my Unity-feel like I have SO much to still figure out and get proficient to justify the purchase :-) It's great you are happy with your dealer, I wish now I had traveled to the dealer just a little farther away- they have a whole set of classes you take in the beginning, then they offer more in an ongoing cycle plus individual time. My dealer is very nice and I got a great deal- maintenance is good-but the lady who is the "teacher" isn't a teacher. She's great at answering specific questions-but I don't know everything to ask and she doesnt teach you, just wants to know what questions you have, so I'm trying to teach myself. Another dealer at a quilt show said I should call BL- but I have to take my machine to them for maintenance and dont want to jeopordise that relationship-so really take advantage of those classes! Sometimes I feel like I'm trying to learn to fly a jet or something!
Old 06-17-2015, 08:21 PM

It came, out of the box, set up with the embroidery console on it? That's really strange. My embroidery unit came in a separate hard case of it's own. I bet you had a hard time getting the boxes in your car! I did, however, I have the Brother Quattro II. Yours is an upgrade, and a big one, I hear.

When I bought my machine, I was able to get several sets of Isacord embroidery thread sets. I have every color in multiple shades, which is great. I am not frustrated when I go to embroider things. Also look at the many online embroidery sites, you can get some really great things to embroider for reasonable prices.

Enjoy your new machine. Hope you have many fantastic years with her. She's a beauty.
Old 06-17-2015, 08:32 PM

Most awesome!!! Enjoy!!!!!!
Old 06-17-2015, 08:39 PM

Nan, I'm so glad you decided to go for it. As women, a lot of us scarifice our wants for everyone else and our own dreams go to the back burner, which many times never get fulfilled.
Old 06-17-2015, 08:53 PM

Looks like you are going to be having a LOT of fun with your new machine.
Old 06-18-2015, 02:41 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Onetomatoplant View Post
Congratulations!!! Where did you get it?
thanks. i got it at Aurora Sewing Center. they have locations in East Aurora and Williamsville NY
Old 06-18-2015, 02:45 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Girlfriend View Post
It came, out of the box, set up with the embroidery console on it? That's really strange. My embroidery unit came in a separate hard case of it's own. I bet you had a hard time getting the boxes in your car! I did, however, I have the Brother Quattro II. Yours is an upgrade, and a big one, I hear.

When I bought my machine, I was able to get several sets of Isacord embroidery thread sets. I have every color in multiple shades, which is great. I am not frustrated when I go to embroider things. Also look at the many online embroidery sites, you can get some really great things to embroider for reasonable prices.

Enjoy your new machine. Hope you have many fantastic years with her. She's a beauty.
no, not with the module attached... but the foot and settings were embroidery. the module is huge and a separate box. that box and the machine box were shipped to them in one big box. we took those out and flattened the big one. the module fit in front of the back seat and the machine fit on the back seat. i want to keep the boxes for the foreseeable future. i have a ton of embroidery thread that i had bought when i got my previous brother emb machine. i got PE Design with that one and am used to digitizing my own designs.

thanks
Old 06-18-2015, 04:00 AM

That is quite a machine!!! I can not wait to see what you can do with it!!!!