Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: I NEED YOUR HELP!

Junior Member QuiltingrandmafromMi's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I am doing the attached photo quilt for my granddaughter's graduation in May. These are the colors of her choice. I just cannot figure out what to do for the sashing! Please, can you assist me! On the attached photos, the bottom left is the fabric for the backing, it is a black and white print. The other 3 are the ones used in the quilt! "HELP!!!!"
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Do you have enough fabric to do a medium border of the backing, then a narrow one of the black, then a wider one of the purple, followed by black binding?

Blog Entries
    I am a relative newbie, but I think that there is so much going on here, you really don't need much more. Unless you want a larger size quilt than you have now, I would say just add a modest purple border, then bind with the black.

PJL
    Land of 10,000 Lakes and a gazillion mosquitos
    Isn't sashing the fabric between the pictures, i.e., your black print? Or are you asking what kind of quilting to do on the sashing?

Blog Entries
    Depends on how wide you want the border .I would do purple then black binding.I am not a floral person.
    I do love your quilt,I am sure your granddaughter will love it.

what a wonderful quilt. I think that a purple border finished with the black binding would really make it all pop. I am sure that what ever you decide on will be great and oh boy will she just love the recieve it

Quote Originally Posted by LeslieFrost
    I am a relative newbie, but I think that there is so much going on here, you really don't need much more. Unless you want a larger size quilt than you have now, I would say just add a modest purple border, then bind with the black.
    I agree, will finish it off beautifully.

I like the idea of a triple border, purple, white, black and bind with either purple or white. Really depends on the yardage you have left.

Sandy

Blog Entries
    actually the way you have it is good. purple border, white or black binding.

Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....
    Quote Originally Posted by greensleeves
    Quote Originally Posted by LeslieFrost
    I agree, will finish it off beautifully.
    My thoughts as well. Good luck deciding and be sure to let us see the outcome.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast