Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: I need your opinions, please................

I think it is a stunning quilt. With that said, this would be something that I would have picked for a girl. Thanks for sharing.

I think whether it's too girly will depend entirely on the guy. As someone who is only a few years out of college, I wouldn't have been surprised to see this in a dorm. Particularly for a metrosexual guy! The fratty guys were very into pink a few years ago, and I've definitely seen that teal color in mens clothing lately.

That said, there are still a lot of "macho" guys out there who might find the teal + the swirly print to be a little girly. That's why I like solid colors for men's quilts - unless it's camo or sports team print, any print can give it a slightly girly feel.

So, it all depends on the DGS. See what his mom says!

Looks like a man quilt to me. I made my then 48YO Son a teal and black pinwheel quilt and he loves it. He said he wouldn't even care if it had flowers on it.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

It's the same colors as my grandson's school colors. I made him a quilt in these colors and he loved it. He is in High school. Hugs, Linda C

Blog Entries
    It is all in the eye of the beholder. I don't think it is girlie, but it only matters what HE thinks!!
    The Purple Quilter
    Purple is not just a color, it is a way of life!

My DH said:" he would like it; if you don't think so; You could send it to him; He would be proud to have it." (I think yours would be too--------------). He really likes your colors. His favorite is RED. We have Red cars, red guitars, red shirts, red boots; lots of red stuff. But we have all colors of stuff and lots of stuffffffffff. He will like it---DON'T FORGET TO SIGN IT, DATE IT. so he can brag years from now on his quilt.

laurafet, your husband is a very wise man. It's kinda like guys 'borrowing' a baby to take on a stroll. Definitely a chick magnet.
    The colors are beautiful, and not at all girly. But the girls will definitely appreciate a guy with such a fine quilt.
    When a dying man asked his pastor "How long does it take to die?" his pastor's heartfelt reply was "A lifetime." Live life to the fullest, but stop now and then to enjoy the sunset.
    Lynda

Quote Originally Posted by LoisM View Post
    IMO, it's not at all girlie. It's REALLY beautiful (or should I say "handsome"?)
    I totally agree! I don't think there's a single thing "girlie" about it & think any boy would love to have this handsome quilt! I love it!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

The colors are fine, maybe he doesn't like the dots or swirls? My son likes teal and brown. To each his own, right?

Power Poster
    perfect for college great colors
    QUILTNMO

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 LastLast