Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: i see really nice and neat sewing room dose your ever get to looking like this

this is my sewing area after a few days of straight quilting
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Not quite:)
    I tape a bag plastic or paper to the edge of table and put those little cut pieces in it for trash. I do tend to drop the thread pieces on the floor. My room is multiple purpose (I teach quilting on Monday nights and painting on Thursday nights) otherwise who knows what it would end up looking like.

conference table in downstairs room
    Name:  Attachment-28862.jpe
Views: 66
Size:  39.7 KB

Blog Entries
    okay, when did you sneak into my sewing area and take a picture . . lol . . the real world of quilting

Mine gets that way often! My problem is that my sewing room is my livingroom and my longarm and frame is in the kitchen. Priorities!!!

Minnow, if that carpet was brown I would have thought you were taking a picture of my floor, grand daughter coming today so I gotta clean up the floor, with little ones everything in the hand goes to the mouth.

Blog Entries
    are you related to Eleanor Burns?! lol! She tosses her scraps of fabric over her shoulder! I used to end up with cuttings on the floor, but now i keep a thread catcher at my sewing table, and one near the cutting board.
    i also keep a piece of batting on the ironing board, for the threads i may cut there also.

I'm just the opposite! It's rare to see a piece of fabric on my floor. My work is too neat I've been told. I just can't stand a mess so I sew and catch anything that may fall. I keep my lint brush nearby to clear all loose threads off what I just finished sewing before I iron. And at the end of each day, all leftover scraps have already been cut and sized and placed in proper bins and you can't tell any sewing had been going on~~hahaha~~and I'm all organized for the next scrap project! Just wish I was as organized in all areas of life as I am in sewing! lol. :D :D

i don't see a problem. am i missing something?

Gosh! Looks like the twin to mine! Do you look like a walking lint brush when you are done? My sweats are usually plastered with lint, threat and fabric pieces at the end of a sewing session! :-)

Never! My fabric and thread scraps only get tossed once ... right into a trashcan. If it takes a little longer (and I doubt that) to use the trashcan as I work, that's time I don't have to spend cleaning up later on.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast