Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Identify Quilt and Locate Pattern

Identify Quilt and Locate Pattern

I am researching for a friend who needs assistance in locating the name and pattern of this quilt. Thanks!

"Help! I need to find the pattern for this quilt quick!!! Obviously, I used to have it because I made this one, but somehow, I've lost it. It's an older Fons & Porter pattern. We're trying to make 400 quilts for returning troops at Ft. Riley, KS and I like this pattern because it goes together very quickly, yet looks really good. Does anybody have this pattern?"

Thank you!
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image 
    Teresa

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.” -Martin Luther King, Jr.

It looks like a fairly simple pattern to replicate without a pattern. Can you just measure the squares and add seam allowances? Count the squares in a block? Etc. The flags are strips and a block sewn together. The stars look like a piece of material with a star pattern. Since you have the quilt to measure, it shouldn't be too hard.

Yes, but....

she's trying to distribute to a group that works on quilts for military....thanks! will keep looking for anything I can send her.
    Teresa

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.” -Martin Luther King, Jr.

Just beautiful, great job you all are doing, thanks for sharing, old Navy gal here, married to old Navy guy.
    Have a Blessed day
    Ellen

Quote Originally Posted by timpson View Post
    she's trying to distribute to a group that works on quilts for military....thanks! will keep looking for anything I can send her.
    I think most people who have been sewing for very long could reproduce this with a picture as good as this one and directions for the finished size of the quilt. Forgot to say "Hi Neighbor." I live in Midland and moved here from Lubbock. Have a sister-in-law that used to teach in Wolfforth.

Thanks! Midland! This has been home since 1964 when we moved from Anton, just down the road apiece!
    Teresa

Guess she can just buy the flag block and work on other blocks; will see if I can't draw up a pattern for her! Thanks for all the replies! Appreciate the time!
    Teresa

Blog Entries
    Great design. Thanks for showing.

The pattern is Chevron with flags.

Teresa, I would email this pic you have to Fons & Porter and see if they can help you with obtaining the copy of the magazine this was printed in. I did this once and they even gave me the copy of the magazine at a discounted price. It would be well worth the try! Good luck in your search.
    God, Wonderful Family, Great Health, Awesome Friends, Quilting & Chocolates - - What more could a girl be blessed with!!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast