Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Inspired by QB.... I love you guys!

Inspired by QB.... I love you guys!

I really love this board! I have gotten so much inspiration forprojects here!>>
    When I saw this quilt (by Cairn) (http://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/elephant-dot-quilt-t192672.html)on the QB a while back I was so taken by it, I really wanted to make one. I had my son draw a large version of theelephant and I used that to make an applique`. I used the applique` technique from a tutorial on this board Vintage Machine Applique (you can use a modern machine if you like) to keep it soft. The elephant is made of gray fleece and islightly stuffed to make it a little puffy. My DH picked out the background fabric. >>
    The coiled basket , also inspired by the QB, (great tutorialby Karenm36) http://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/how-make-coiled-fabric-basket-using-clothesline-strips-fabric-t143655.html. I really like her baskets and wantedto make some. This one has some issuesthat I will need to work on a little bit, but I love the technique and willmake more of them and try to improve on my workmanship!>>
    Name:  aDSCN2005.jpg
Views: 4341
Size:  495.2 KBName:  aDSCN2008.jpg
Views: 4329
Size:  486.9 KBName:  aDSCN2010.jpg
Views: 4336
Size:  343.7 KBName:  aDSCN2011.jpg
Views: 4323
Size:  437.6 KB

Love!!that elephant. He looks right at home.

I love your projects. I bought the book and the rope to make a bowl like your bag but never did it....I will have to add it to my "to do" lists.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place...the End Times.

Heaven and Earth are full of His Glory!

First, your elephant is adorable! Your DH choice of background fabric is perfect! He looks like he's walking through the jungle. I have been trying to choose a pattern for a quilt for my new DGD due in Oct. and you have given me the inspiration to do this but with a butterfly. Your absolutely right about the QB it's a treasure trove of the best people and idea's. Second, your basket is gorgeous! If there's issues only you will know, your workmanship looks great!
    Kelly

Blog Entries
    Wonderful!! I love the basket. I want to try one too, just not sure my sewing machine is up to it.
    Dorian

If you've met one child with Autism, you've met ONE child with Autism.

I love the elephant quilt! Looks very real life. And the basket is great. Looks to me like you did a great job on both!

Both are awesome the elephant is adorable and very nice quilting....I love the basket so rich and bright

Great job. Barb
    be happy

Fantastic projects!
    I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health - Voltaire

Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Blog Entries
    Such great family team effort with gorgeous results. Wow! Now, I dare say, you have inspired others.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast