Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
An Intro and Pics! >

An Intro and Pics!

An Intro and Pics!

Old 02-04-2013, 11:59 AM

Thank you everyone!

Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
Welcome aboard from a Canadian snowbird in Florida. Are these quilts you made while in the Middle East?
I made these a few years ago before coming to the Middle East. I did bring my sewing machines with me but unfortunately my place was robbed and machines stolen (Janome machine and overlock machine) Saddest day of my life - ever. My dh was willing to go out right away and buy new machines, but my mood was soured and I lost my quilting/sewing mojo for a long time.

Originally Posted by mary j View Post
Welcome from Michigan, I really admire the watercolor trip around the world. it looks very difficult.
Thank you! That quilt was so straight-forward and easy to make! It was only my third 'proper' quilt. I made the Irish Chain in a class and gained enough confidence from that to make the TATW. The directions in the pattern book made it super easy ... honestly, choosing the fabrics was the hardest part

Originally Posted by ube quilting View Post
Welcome from the other side of the world. Your quilts are wonderful. I am curious as to wether you get time to explore where you are living now and have found any textile workers and great fabric from the middle east.

Would love to see some pics'.
peace
Quilting is not big here so the only fabrics I can find are dressmaking type stuff, not suitable for quilts at all.
I've dreamed of going over to Indonesia to shop for batiks but have never had the chance. It's just work, home, kids - rinse, repeat
In all of my ESL classes I always do a chapter on 'Hobbies' and ask the students to bring in samples of what they do - they mostly bring small handicrafts, a lot of knitting/crocheting items. When I pull out the Jewel Box quilt to talk about my hobby, they practically fall off their chairs! LOL

Pinterest is my new BFF and my "Stuff I'd Like to Make" board is filling up fast!
Old 02-13-2013, 09:49 AM

I love quilts 2 and 3. I love scrappy quilts. Your around the world is just gorgeous.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:18 PM

awesome quilts