It's a totally original quilt because of my "design choices". I made this for donation, collecting quilts for Vets in their area.
I had never used fleece for a backing before and wanted to try. I had a piece from my stash in mind. When my top was finished, I discovered my fleece was about 2" too short. I planned to bind it by bringing the front to the back. When I discovered the fleece was too short I should have just used something else but no - I plunged ahead! I figured I'd just fold even more fabric from the front to the back to hide the missing fleece.
I quilted the top and fleece and then realized that if I folded the top and bottom borders to hide the missing fleece, the stitching would be right in the middle of my squares and highly visible. So I decided to use a cam and accentuate that line of stitching rather than hide it. Here it is
I think it looks even nicer from the back.
Here's pictures of the front and back of the quilt. It's definitely one of a kind!! Totally original! I'm not unhappy with it.