I made some string blocks for HeartStrings, 24 blocks for a girl quilt and 24 blocks for a boy quilt. I decided the only way I would make any progress stashbusting was to make blocks or tops to be donated to HeartStrings or my Guild's Charity Quilt Group. If I spent time layering, quilting and finishing the quilts I'd never decrease my stash, especially of the scraps and smaller pieces of kids fabrics.
Photos below are 1) the totes, shopping bag of fabric and the folded foundation fabric I began with, not shown is the 1/2 yard dark pink for the border for the girl's quilt.
2) what I was left with after making the 48 blocks, I have one less tote, foundation fabric all used up and bag of small fabrics gone, 3 & 4) are some of the string blocks I made. I hope to make a bunch of 9 patch blocks next, going to just cut and sew and see what I come up with. May in Jersey