Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Ivy Learned

I named this quilt "Ivy Learned" because I have learned so much making this. Last summer after I joined here, I saw so many beautiful kalieoscope quilts. I was working on other projects, so I didn't want to plan for one. But I found some old fabric, so old I didn't even remember what I made with it. So I just gave them a wack, not really paying to much attention to accuracy since I really wasn't going to do anything with them. I loved them. Well......Ivy Learned....that even if you don't plan on using something, still be accurate, you just never know. Then I had all these really neat pinwheels. So maybe I'll find some fabric to make a couple blocks. Didn't have enough of one fabric, so......Ivy Learned...... there are so many colors in the center fabric, lets use what we have. Ok, I have all these blocks, lets just put a sashing between them and make a quilt. Oh......Ivy Learned.... that if you don't start a block as accurate as you can, your blocks turn out different sizes. Ok, now what can I do? Lets put them on an angle and with white fabric, that goes with everything. Oh but wait, how do you cut the fabric for that....Ivy Learned....how to do it, but......Ivy Learned....you have to add a little more fabric for the seams. Ok, now we have all ourikj blocks. This fabric will look good for the border and backing, and I'll try QAYG.....Ivy Learned....it takes more fabric than I had so quick had to order more. Have all the fabric....Ivy Learned....she dosn't really know how to QAYG, so just gave it that old try. Finally finished! Now will it stay together after it's washed. Fingers crossed. It did...but....Ivy Learned.......that white fabric really should have been bigger. So now....Ivy is learning to FMQ and will go around those couple places that came apart at the seams. Ivy Learned....so much from this quilt, and for all the head aches, and mistakes, I think it turned out pretty cute. Now it just has to get cold so I can snuggle with it.

So just a tip to fairly new quilters. Don't give up. Ivy didn't and IVY LEARNED!!!

Sorry sideways
    Name:  Attachment-234411.jpe
Views: 47
Size:  63.3 KB

Nice

Beautiful quilt!

Very pretty quilt!!!

Very pretty!

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Oooooooooooo I love it!! Great job :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Cute story and with beautiful quilt. Nice work.

Love the story and the pretty quilt!

lovely. those are on my list.

Cute quilt. Perseverance pays off.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast