Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6

Thread: Jackpot fom a co-worker!

Blog Entries
    nice, give him a gift certificate for a restaurant

What a nice co-worker. That is a very nice quilting basket. Seems like most guys like food so find out from someone where he likes to eat & give him a gift certificate. You could also invite him over for a cook-out.
    Have fun with your new basket

Oh my gosh - how awesome!

How about some homemade baking? Cakes and biscuits?

Quote Originally Posted by 2 Doods
    One of my co-workers is on a bowling league and won a door prize on Saturday. He said he took a lot of razzing from the other guys because he won the "Quilting Basket". I am the only quilter he knows.

Jackpot for me! Inside the cute basket I found 2 magazines, 2 patterns, assorted notions, 18 pieces of fabric that I thought were fat quarters. When I took it all apart, I discovered they are 1/2 yard or more each. I let his daughter have all the candy! I kept the good stuff! :thumbup:

Any ideas on how to "pay him back"? He said he doesn't want anything quilted :lol:
    For me, it would depend on whether I thought he wanted to be paid back. Some people do not! I am one of those. If I gave you a door prize that I had won, I would want and expect nothing in return and would sincerely hope that you would not feel at all obligated. Accept and enjoy are all I want someone to do when I give a gift.

Same subject, different thought: It WAS very nice of him to be the giver and lucky of you to be the receiver.

Make him a couple pot holders and tell him thank you

I like the idea of a gift certificate to the bowling alley AND some homebaked goodies he can take with him there.

What a lucky day! Cool colors and patterns to boot! See you Saturday!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    wow you sure did hit the jack pot, I love the colors of fabric. maybe you could make him chocolate chip cookies. that is the key to all the men in my family. God bless and have fun with all your new toys. Penny

A Starbuck's gift card or homemade cookies/brownies has always worked for me.

Senior Member Keeps Them In Stitches's Avatar
    Enough brownies for him and the bowling team. Just because he thought of you to give the quilt basket to instead of passing it out to somebody else in the bowling alley. Just like someone mentioned earlier in this post, it would be interesting to know why a quilting basket was part of the prizes at the league. I'm willing to bet that it was a mixed league.

His daughter already got all the candy that was in the basket so that should be enough for her.

WOW What a great score for you :-)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6