A while back, I had a sort out of my scraps as I couldn't close the lids on the bins! I cut everything possible into 2 1/2" squares then started piecing 4 patches and it turned into this! I'm not very good at scrappy - too much of a control freak, so was pleased that it began to fall into groups of blues, reds and yellowy creams, so I could impose some order! :lol: I put in the red and cream blocks to give it some unity - I used Rhonda's strip method for the HSTs http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-37915-1.htm Although they were pretty big (finished at 4"), with lots of starch, they worked out fine! Quick too!
This is for my son, Joey's bed - he had a quilt already but it's one of my earlier ones and not great! :shock: So it will become a picnic rug!
For his 'new' one, he chose the border fabric himself from my stash and I FMQd the stars to echo the print. It's got Hobbs 80/20 wadding and an unbleached flannel back. It's 80" x 64" Thanks for looking. :-D