Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Just finished my Heart and Home Quilt!! >

Just finished my Heart and Home Quilt!!

Just finished my Heart and Home Quilt!!

Old 04-23-2011, 06:42 PM

How pretty it is! You did a fantastic job!
Old 04-23-2011, 06:54 PM

Beautifully done.
Old 04-23-2011, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by insgal62
Originally Posted by snicker dee
How beautiful !!! Where did you get the pattern?
I got it from The Quilt Company at www.quiltcompcany.com. It's called Heart and Home. Pattern for all the various houses, side panels of trees with the bunnies and small red houses, heart border and assembly directions was $36.00. Don't forget the accessory fabric packet for the extra $12.00. That gives you all the cool little pieces like the cats in the windows, the curtains and drapes and the quilt on the house and the quilt shop sign. You really want this because it really finishes off the look of the houses nicely. They are little pieces of pre-printed fabric that you just sew right in. Very Easy!! But there's no need to but those expensive buttons. I easily found buttons that worked perfectly fine and didn't spend anywhere near what they charge for them. The picket fences are a little challenging! Be sure when making them that you are careful to heed the directions as to what the final fence measurements should be. If you are off, your quilt won't fit together correctly. Measure carefully when cutting and stick to a solid 1/4 " seam. You still may need to adjust them a little to make sure the fence is the exact size it should be. But that's the hardest part. If you master that you are good to go. The rest is pretty much a breeze! Good luck and go for it!!

After much thought I just ordered the kit and both accessories. I liked their quilt patterns but I think this one is the prettyest. TY for sharing the info with me.