Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Just finished Oriental Weave

I put this quilt top together one weekend in February. The quilting ladies at my church get together one a month for a Friday night, Saturday quilt day. In February we do a group pattern so there were 8 of us that used this same pattern but of course all different types of fabrics. I just finished sewing on the back of the binding last night.

close up of the beautiful fabrics. You can't see them so well in the picture of the whole quilt
    Name:  Attachment-31787.jpe
Views: 42
Size:  89.9 KB

I used the extra pieces from the blocks to piece the back together
    Name:  Attachment-31788.jpe
Views: 43
Size:  89.6 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Very, very pretty, I could tell by the close up how pretty the material is, I bet it's beautiful in person! Great job!

Very pretty. :lol: :lol: Did everyone in the group use the same material, or the same pattern?

Blog Entries
    Very pretty!!!! Sounds like you have a lot of fun at your get togethers :D :D :D

The quilt is beautiful, and you did a wonderful job letting us see the fabric to begin with, and the transformation from yardage to a wonderful top and backing.
    Good job!
    I love the pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by Shemjo
    Very pretty. :lol: :lol: Did everyone in the group use the same material, or the same pattern?
    We all used the same pattern. Everyone used different fabrics but 3 of us did decide to use oriental fabrics with black sashing.

Every year we have a "Ladies Spring Luncheon" the weekend before Mother's day. We hang all our quilts, that we still have our possession that we finished that year (between luncheons) We hang them all over the "Activity Center" for the luncheon and then move them over to the "Worship Center" for Mother's day. We have people sometimes who come to church on mothers day to see the quilts hanging. It is really fun to have several of the same pattern all hanging up at the same time cause we all have different tastes in fabrics and stuff.

That is so beautiful Gayle! I love the Oriental fabrics.

In the picture of the whole quilt you can't see how pretty the fabrics are. I think it is because all of the fabrics have some gold etching and maybe it reacted to the flash of the camera or the lights in my room. It looks blurry to me!

In the close up pic the squares look wonky, they really aren't it is just sitting on top of another quilt that was just bunched up on my cutting table, I was too lazy to remove the other quilt or fold it before I sat this one down to take a picture

Love those fabrics, I am collecting some at the moment for the next work in progress. That is stunning.

Elle

Blog Entries
    Very beautiful quilt Gayle!! I love how you did the backing too, with the extra blocks!! :-)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast