Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Kitty Baby Quilt PLEASE HELP!

Here is a baby quilt top I finished this afternoon.

OK -- how the heck do I quilt it? My machine quilting is limited to stitch in the ditch. If I hand quilt it, would it look okay to do it in a cross hatch design? I have some lighter blue hand quilting thread. The backing will be the green color. HELP PLEASE!

Should I just say the heck with it and send it to the long armer?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails attachment-21335.jpe   attachment-21337.jpe   attachment-21340.jpe  

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Joyce,

Why don't you STID where ever you can, and then hand quilt some kitty paw prints in the other areas, if you don't want to Free motion. Even if you only put a paw print in each corner between the blocks, it would look cute. Just an idea.

I would machine stitch in the ditch! It is a cute quilt. Keep it simple! :lol:

Banned
    i agree with SITD. you don't want a lot of quilting on this since its going to be used for sleeping.

Quote Originally Posted by kluedesigns
    i agree with SITD. you don't want a lot of quilting on this since its going to be used for sleeping.
    Oh, the KISS method :lol: :lol: I can do that!

What color thread?

Banned
    a shade of blue that will blend with the fabric.

Joyce,
    I love your quilt. It is adorable.
    Blue Bell

Banned
    yes, it is so cute. it was rude of me not to mention that.

and fyi - your cat is just stunning.

Joyce, I have to agree with the SID. That was my first thought (and I am SUCH an expert! :roll: ) I really love the quilt! Was it a panel that you cut apart did you fussy cut? Looks like your inspector was doing a mighty fine job of looking at your stitching -- did you ask him/her how to finish it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ducky
    Joyce, I have to agree with the SID. That was my first thought (and I am SUCH an expert! :roll: ) I really love the quilt! Was it a panel that you cut apart did you fussy cut? Looks like your inspector was doing a mighty fine job of looking at your stitching -- did you ask him/her how to finish it?
    Yes it was a panel that I had to fussy cut. (Took me longer to cut it out than it did to sew the whole thing together!) And would you believe that each block is a different size?????

This is, so far, the only thing I have pre-washed that I've regretted. The panel raveled so badly that I completely lost one picture. And two are really close -- provided that I wanted to get that black/white strip in there -- which I did in the quilt. But I guess the other two blocks/pictures can be used for a baby pillow...

Emile just sniffed at it while I had it on the floor and then resumed his position -- sleeping on one of my clear fabric storage bins :roll: :roll:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast