Koyaanisqatsi quilt >

Koyaanisqatsi quilt

Koyaanisqatsi quilt

Old 08-26-2016, 12:35 PM
Power Poster

wow that is very nice different!!
Old 08-26-2016, 03:38 PM
Power Poster

What a uniquely beautiful quilt. Love it.
Old 08-26-2016, 03:52 PM

wow, I am a huge Philip Glass fan and your choice of fabric really catches up the essence of the movie and music....congrats.
Old 08-26-2016, 06:08 PM

Very pretty!
Old 08-31-2016, 10:53 AM

Thanks everyone. I enjoyed playing with this one. It started out as an improv quilt using only 4 or 5 of the fabrics that eventually made their way into the quilt. I made the top, then cut it up into uneven sized strips that I used to make QAYG blocks to which I added other fabrics. I let it sit for a few years before I could decide how I wanted to set the blocks.

Whoever said they had a hard time staying awake for the film, I remember having that problem too LOL. Much as I love the idea of the film and Philip Glass' music, I found the constant cutting from one shot to another and the repetitive nature of the music to be almost hypnotic--but it did get across the idea of "life out of balance". The film was made starting in the mid-70s and finally was released in 1982. That was before cell phones, the internet, 24 hour news etc.---Can you imagine what a film about life out of balance might look like now????

Back to working on quilts for the high school and college age grand daughters.... they will be done for Christmas

Rob

<object type="cosymantecnisbfw" cotype="cs" id="SILOBFWOBJECTID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;"></object>