Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 9 10

Thread: L@@K at my early Christmas gift from DH!!

Pinch yourself,cuz it is a real treasure! WoW

Senior Member Darlene loves Chocolates's Avatar
    YOU ARE TRULY LOVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SulaBug
    I just want to say Thank You again everyone for all of your kind words & thoughts. I am still in awe that I was lucky enough to receive such a beauty!!
    :D :D :D :D
    Besides all that! The fact that hubby found it in Washington state, gives all of us west of the Mississippi HOPE that we may one day find one of our own!
    I recall a lady who found a Featherweight at her local garbage dump, complete with case, just sitting in the trash ... she was in Virginia! The difference in the way people on either side of the Mississippi are "managed" is staggering ... but, your hubby's gift to you give me hope ;)

Blog Entries
    It is gorgeous. What model is it?
    I love old Singer sewing machines. (I have several.) It is really hard for me to pass one up and your machine is in great condition.
    I live in Washington State too and most of the time, the treadle machines in that great of condition go for more than what you paid. (At least they go for more on the west side of the mountains. I haven't had very much of a chance to check out the east side.)

WOW Sweet!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kapatt
    It is gorgeous. What model is it?
    I love old Singer sewing machines. (I have several.) It is really hard for me to pass one up and your machine is in great condition.
    I live in Washington State too and most of the time, the treadle machines in that great of condition go for more than what you paid. (At least they go for more on the west side of the mountains. I haven't had very much of a chance to check out the east side.)
    One thing about having a machine from the east side ... they are more likely NOT to suffer from moisture damage. (Spoken as a former Long Beach Peninsula resident)

Blog Entries
    Hi,

Wow, I love your old sewing machine. Do you sew with her now?

What a wonderful hubby you must have!

Karen

It's beautiful and the cabinet looks like new as well! You're a lucky Lady with a wonderfuly hubby!

I missed one just like this last wknd - I get advance notice for estate sales and there it was pretty as could be and clear on the other side of the mountains...I couldn't get there...so I'll drool over yours for a bit longer if you don't mind :D

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by craftybear
    Hi,

Wow, I love your old sewing machine. Do you sew with her now?

What a wonderful hubby you must have!

Karen
    craftybear,
    Thank you for looking at my new TOY!! :D I am so happy with it & proud to finally own one. I have done some practive sewing on it, to get used to the way it works. So far, I haven't been brave enough to start a project, but I hope to very soon!! I just can't stop admiring her!! :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Z in AZ
    It's beautiful and the cabinet looks like new as well! You're a lucky Lady with a wonderfuly hubby!

I missed one just like this last wknd - I get advance notice for estate sales and there it was pretty as could be and clear on the other side of the mountains...I couldn't get there...so I'll drool over yours for a bit longer if you don't mind :D
    Paula,
    I am glad you like looking at my machine. You can look at her all you want too!! :D I will keep my fingers crossed for you that you will find one for yourself very soon!! Keep on looking!!
    :D :D :D

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 9 10