My brother requested a new duvet cover as the one I made him many, many, too many years ago had given up the ghost. He wanted simple and blue and huge! I put this together in no time flat after figuring out the idea and dimensions. I had to cut all those large blue sections first to make best use of my fabric. Wasn't I thrilled when the border fit the dimensions I had cut!!!! Gosh, was I ever scared it wouldn't work!! In the picture you can see the sections that were cut on the width of grain rather than the length. I'm awfully glad it is not so apparent in person. Photo was taken in the basement with very poor lighting, the only space I have that's big enough for this monster. The mud colored rugs used to live in my kitchen/entry. When the cats destroyed them with their scratching - I duct taped the edges and carpeted my basement! It's a great spot for layering my bigger projects. I'm hoping the actual duvet fills out the wrinkled areas. It's slightly undersized to puff it up nicely.