Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Last wedding sewing (almost)

Blog Entries
    DD is getting married on the 30th (#2). I have been doing a lot of sewing for her - alterations, flower girls dress, table runners and the start of rail fence signature blocks. She does not want a guest book, so the guests will sign blocks.

The blocks are in one basket, and after they get signed they will go into the other basket. THEN after the wedding I will get to put the quilt together for her and new husband. Then all wedding sewing will be behind me.

I have been sewing for this wedding for the last two months, so my quilt projects have gotten a little behind.

wedding signature basket and blocks
    Name:  Attachment-186750.jpe
Views: 33
Size:  43.7 KB

Blog Entries
    Have fun at the wedding. Been there, done that - my daughter will be married 3 years on May 31.

Power Poster
    What a great idea! That is going to be quite a memory quilt! Please show us when you get it together.
    Have fun at the wedding!

Do you have freezer paper backing on the white strips? Will make signing them alot easier.:)

That is a very clever idea!

I did 3 in one year... I thought I was going to loose my mind!!

May, Sept, & Dec......

Luckily the only wedding dress I had to make was my dtrs in Sept.... whew.... but altered the brides dress for May....

U need to relax after all this!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dakotamaid
    Do you have freezer paper backing on the white strips? Will make signing them alot easier.:)
    Yes, freezer paper is on. Even made extra blocks, so non sewers can have more than one chance to sign the blocks :roll: :oops: :lol:

Blog Entries
    Did you make the baskets too? I just took a class on how to make them and it was great. They're not hard to make, just a little tedious and time consuming.

I think what you're doing is an excellent idea and much better than sending a block to everyone expecting to get every one of them back. This way they aren't leaving the place, so you will definitely get them all back. Great thinking! :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Have fun. Been there...doing that! My nephew is getting married the 30th & I've been helping. Just finished the hemming alterations last night & leave in a few minutes to deliver the dress to the bride. This weekend I'm making all of the pew bows.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammin' Jane
    What a great idea! That is going to be quite a memory quilt! Please show us when you get it together.
    Have fun at the wedding!
    Well, of course I would share with my quilting cyber-sisters. :wink: You might even get to see it before DD. :wink:

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast