Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Layout HELP!

Well, kind of what I was doing was red, pink, cream, yellow (though not always in that order) but I was trying to not have any of the same colors touch, though they annoyingly had to touch corners. Lol. I have less red than any other. I can totally go get the red for first border though! When you guys are saying you like the first one, do you mean the first one I posted here, or the first layout tried, which was the third picture I posted. Lol
    Kim

Wife to the love of my life. Mom to a Marine, a college student, an 12 year old 'surprise blessing', two Bichon Maltese brothers, and 3 kitties.

Blog Entries
    I like the idea of using the darker blocks nearer to the center. I would also add a darker inner border and binding. It's pretty!

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingVagabond View Post
    Did you see that the lower right block in the first photo is turned the wrong way?
    My eye "sees" 15 darker blocks, do you have enough fabric to make 3 more? Then all the darks could be in the diagonals you have going in that first photo layout.
    Haha, youre right it is turned wrong! Lol thanks! Yes, I actually do have. Ore of all te colors. I accidentally bought two layer cakes and this quilt is one. So I have all of the otner one I can borrow from...
    Kim

Wife to the love of my life. Mom to a Marine, a college student, an 12 year old 'surprise blessing', two Bichon Maltese brothers, and 3 kitties.

Quote Originally Posted by fatquarters View Post
    I like your first one better, and I like your boarder fabric but it lacks the POP. Do you have a dard red that you could frame with a narrow boarder BEFORE the light boarder?

My thoughts exactly, narrow red followed by your border fabric, then maybe bind in red.

QM
    I like your jewel box. I also like the border you showed, but I think you would do better to use one of the darker colors as well, dark then light. Try it out and see what you think.

Blog Entries
    I like the diagonal line of darks every other row that you started-try that and see if you like it. You would need to fill in the middle diagonal with 2 darks and one in the third diagonal.Good luck in your difficult decision I'm sure it will be beautiful no matter what

I will be different, I like the second layout best and I agree it needs a dark red border. I do like the red scattered around.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LLWinston44 View Post
    Here is it as a 6x10 (vs the 7x10) but it ended up being too repetitive in color. Idk.....
    i like this one
    Nancy in western NY

Revised layout

Ok, I saw that I was off with the 7 blocks x 10 blocks as it was a difference of 3, and the majority are a difference of 2. (The comment about adding a row made me look at that.) so instead I took out the bottom row, making it 7 blocks x 9 blocks. Also added the reds to complete the red 'lines'. Is this better? Better to have the reds in a row rather than sporadically laid out? It does seem easier to look at this way, but I did like the randomness of the red also.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Kim

Well, I have to say that I think you still need to add a row in width from the picture in the post just above mine. The pattern is uneven and feels unfinished. You have lovely white diamond cut-outs that remind me of paper snowflakes, but then they end in 'X's' on the right hand side. I would say, make the center 8 x8--that would give a balanced pattern left to right and top to bottom.

I agree that a deep red narrow inner border would look lovely and really make the white pop.
    Last edited by GingerK; 09-24-2012 at 06:38 PM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down the their level and beat you with experience.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast