Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 7 8

Thread: Layout HELP!

Blog Entries
    I think the first lay out looks fine. If I were making it , I would find a solid dard red that matches the darker red print and put a border about 2 inches wide on then add a wider border, about 4 inches,with the print you have there that you bought for the border. I love the pattern and I really like your blocks. It looks good to me. Who said they had to be perfect anyway? Not me.

sassy granny

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maggie_Sue View Post
    You might want to take a photo, each time you change it. You might just like the last one and not be able to do it again. i think it will be great!!
    I used this idea when trying to make a dry layout of my ceramic tile for my kitchen floor. I couldn't get it right and my mom suggested I take a picture of each layout and pic the one I liked the best. That was an undertaking in itself because my kitchen was 14'long! It worked though. The best layout just jumped out at me and that's what's on my floor today.

I think a solid red border would pull the top together. I like the present layout.

OK, I'll chime in.
    What about placing the blocks with the "red's" in one corner grading down to "some red's" to "no reds"!
    It will look more planned like you wanted it to look like a gradient of red. Then use two colors (one of the reddish) for borders placing two reds at one corner and two "not reds" in the opposite corners. Does that make sense?????

Another idea would be to try laying them out so it looks like the "reds" are tumbling down the quilt helter skelter.

Then again, you could just sew it as you have it layed out and be done with it. You're over thinking it like I sometimes do. Go for it!
    Keep smiling, it makes others wonder what you're up to!

Thanks for all the help!!!

""Layout HELP!"" Quilt finally done!!
    Kim

Wife to the love of my life. Mom to a Marine, a college student, an 12 year old 'surprise blessing', two Bichon Maltese brothers, and 3 kitties.

Power Poster
    So, do we get to see it finished???

i like the scattered one of the reds best (the pic you labeled "1st")....my OCD is showing as well... cuz in the first photo (the one you said was your "most recent" arrangement) i'd want the reds all in diagonal rows - not grouped here and there......so for me, it's either group them into a secondary part of the pattern - or get them scattered (not touching) each other. Good luck !! Whatever you decide, they are beautiful blocks and your quilt will be too.
    Of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most.

Heres the post of it pieced. I probably should post it fully done huh?? Lol

""Layout HELP!"" Quilt finally done!!
    Kim

Wife to the love of my life. Mom to a Marine, a college student, an 12 year old 'surprise blessing', two Bichon Maltese brothers, and 3 kitties.

I like the layout of the 1st pic, I think if you pull the darker colors for the border and let it pop it will be terrific, but that just me. great job and thank you for sharing
    Have a Blessed day
    Ellen

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 7 8