I had some left over pieces from a quilt I'd finished awhile back.
Decided to put the scraps together and then experiment with some ideas I'd been thinking about.
Well, the ideas didn't all work out as well as I thought they would. The little flanges in the border make for a heavy border and by pushing them this way and that makes for a 'less than straight' border.
The little corner stones are fun but would be totally impractical if this were a quilt to be used instead of just hung on a wall. So, all and all, I wouldn't recommend doing any of this! But experiments are just that way and I did have fun trying them.
Every once in awhile I tell myself "this is a good quilt to play with" and I give myself permission to experiment and try new quilting techniques. Often times I end up with "What was I thinking" type projects but I also find my quilting has improved because of these projects. It's all fun!