Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Ligia's IRR 2011....quilted by Charisma

Cool quilt, wonderful quilting.

I know you are very busy but would appreciate you giving me a few a few lines. Can you tell me why you chose Innova over other machines? Currently have a Gammill vision but would like to upgrade to a larger computerized model and looking at the Innova due to price. Any idea how the Inn ova stacks up to the Gammill? Sewed on one at a workshop at MQX in Rhode Island. Is the table steady, and does not vibrate? How easy is tension adjustment? Did you think about computerization? Any thought you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Stunning, Exquisite piece of art!

Very nice!

Wow!

Blog Entries
    Gosh, you are talented!

Blog Entries
    beautiful

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mandyk
    I know you are very busy but would appreciate you giving me a few a few lines. Can you tell me why you chose Innova over other machines? Currently have a Gammill vision but would like to upgrade to a larger computerized model and looking at the Innova due to price. Any idea how the Inn ova stacks up to the Gammill? Sewed on one at a workshop at MQX in Rhode Island. Is the table steady, and does not vibrate? How easy is tension adjustment? Did you think about computerization? Any thought you can give would be greatly appreciated.
    Hi Mandy,

Well I used a gammil before I bought my INNOVA. My LQS rented one out. The shop ended up selling both of their Gammils are replacing them with Innovas
    :thumbup:

As far as the frame..mine doesn't vibrate...but sometimes at shows they might because you have to be able to adjust them....once you get the frame adjusted no vibrations. Darby (Dmyers on QB) I think had that and made an adjustment and now its perfectly fine....it's just getting everything level after you set up the frame. The frame is very stable/steady. The frame is aluminum....so it's easy to move..if need be..but the poles are galvanized steel. So you can lean on them....they won't bow or bend...As far as tension. It has a patent. It's the only long arm on the market with a constant tensioner. So it takes any type of thread. You can embroider. it is also the only long arm on the market that has an E-cording attachment ..that couches down fibers and yarn....very cool. I have one.

The tension is easy to adjust....of course there is a learning curve to everything...but if you have worked on a gammil already you will like this one much better...you have more options....

I have been trained to use the computer system....so I can teach others how to use it. I am not sure that I want one....but it is a very nice computer system...and it stacks up. I would do a search of reviews on -line. I come across them quite frequently and they get really good reviews.Especially dollar for dollar.

Good luck in your search!
    Just PM with any questions.

nls
    Very pretty!!

Quote Originally Posted by Maia B
    That is one of the most extravagantly beautiful quilts I've ever seen. Sizzling colors, innovative design, gorgeous appliqué and piecing, and sensational quilting! BRAVO!
    Ditto - another spectacular collaboration - we have so many talented people on the board :)
    :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Charisma, are you doing thread colour changes to match the areas you're working on, or using a monofilament? What thread are you using?? Thanks!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast