Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: A Little Different

1. This is the t-shirt quilt I made for my son this week. He had one t-shirt from his university that I hated to cut up, so he said I could have it. Instead, I traded him for my 'Playboy' lounging shirt which he liked. The t-shirt lesson is from a Quilt University class taught by Fran Gonzales, the 'guru' of Equilter, I like to say. Excellent instructor.

2. An original design from a NASA photo. It is based on a photo shot from one of their last trips in space. It's the "Earth from the Moon," with the spokes representing the camera innerworkings (the shutter opening/closing?), and a shuttle and astronauts floating around.

The white material is Michael Miller 'glow in the dark' fabric, and the quilt has glitter stars and crystals all around. The spokes are appliqued and sewn all around, which took a long time to quilt. I made this copyrighted quilt in September.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Blog Entries
    your original quilt is fantastic. love the t-shirt quilt too

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieM
    1. This is the t-shirt quilt I made for my son this week. He had one t-shirt from his university that I hated to cut up, so he said I could have it. Instead, I traded him for my 'Playboy' lounging shirt which he liked. The t-shirt lesson is from a Quilt University class taught by Fran Gonzales, the 'guru' of Equilter, I like to say. Excellent instructor.

2. An original design from a NASA photo. It is based on a photo shot from one of their last trips in space. It's the "Earth from the Moon," with the spokes representing the camera innerworkings (the shutter opening/closing?), and a shuttle and astronauts floating around.

The white material is Michael Miller 'glow in the dark' fabric, and the quilt has glitter stars and crystals all around. The spokes are appliqued and sewn all around, which took a long time to quilt. I made this copyrighted quilt in September.
    Great Quilt!! I really like the Bears in the cave. :lol:

Blog Entries
    Beautiful original quilt. Both nice

Very pretty quilts.

Pretty

Love them both

Great quilts!! that NASA one is fantastic!!!

Blog Entries
    Exceptionally nice quilts. Congratulations.