Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: log cabin for returning soldier

this is for my daughter and her husband in tx. he returned from iraq the day after thanksgiving. during the massacre at fort hood my daughter said that was the one time she said a prayer of thanks that her husband was "safely" in iraq. if he had been home he would have been working very near the site of that terrible event.

i will be sleeping under this quilt tonight as tradition says this will bring blessings to the recipient.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

That quilt is Awesome, He will be so proud.As a Grandmother who has 2 grdsons in the Military. I thank your family and him for all He has done for his country. My oldest is in the Navy he is a corpsman and has done 3 tours in Iraq. The other is the Youngest Grdson in the Army Reserve and I pray our stupid President doesn't take the reserves. My opinion only.
    BillsBonBon

The quilt is beautiful and will wrap them in lots of love

Beautiful! I love the way you set the blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by nanabirdmo
    this is for my daughter and her husband in tx. he returned from iraq the day after thanksgiving. during the massacre at fort hood my daughter said that was the one time she said a prayer of thanks that her husband was "safely" in iraq. if he had been home he would have been working very near the site of that terrible event.

i will be sleeping under this quilt tonight as tradition says this will bring blessings to the recipient.
    The quilt is beautiful! Thank you for sharing. I've never heard the tradition quote, but I like it!

Beautiful quilt. what a special gift for your daughter and son. Thank your son-in-law for his service. My daughter is Army reserve and just returned from a year in Iraq. She was in Afghanistan 3 years ago for 15 mos. Hopefully your family can stay home for a while!!!

In the middle of the forest, In The middle of North Carolina
    That quilt is georgous!!

What a great quilt! I'm sure it will be very well received! Thank you to your SIL for his service.

it is wonderful! I wish that ALL the soldiers could be home!!! what a neat tradition.

What an awesome quilt!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast