Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 20 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Longarmed whole cloth "Creme Brulee" Part 3 DONE!!!

Longarmed whole cloth "Creme Brulee" Part 3 DONE!!!

I just completed quilting today. Here are parts one and two to see closeups of some of the motifs:
    longarming sneak peek wholecloth style
    Longarmed wholecloth part 2 half way there

The technical details (type of batting, thread, etc) are on part 2 so I won't bother rehashing them here. The inspiration/source for the quilting motifs are in part 1

Because some of you posted an interest in before and after pics I am posting some pictures while it was still on the rack of before any quilting at all and quilting of the central motif prior to the background cross hatching being filled in. That is the first pictures. Following are the pictures of the complete quilt.

Our very own awesome Longarming artist, Charisma, pieced this quilt. Charisma saw something in my early LA pics that I didn't see myself so she gave me an ENORMOUS boost of confidence by sending me some of her own quilts to quilt for her. You can imagine what that was like, to have someone as talented as Charisma to ask such a newb as me to quilt some of her quilts. I wanted to shine for her. Because this quilt was very simply pieced with just squares, rectangles and strips and because it was monochromatic and a very light color, when I opened it up I knew it would just shine as a wholecloth style quilting. I wanted to make this quilt extra special for Charisma because she has been so instrumental in my progression as a longarm quilter, a true mentor. It was truly a labor of love for her and it turned out almost as good as I envisioned. I am pretty proud of this one.. So without further ado, I proudly present "Creme Brulee".
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image 

Too beautiful for words!!

Spectacular. Charisma has a good eye for talent ;-)

Blog Entries
    Awesome! Fabulous! Thanks for taking the trouble to let all of us in on your progress. You have a real artist's eye to see the possibilty of treating this as a wholecloth.
    Reading, cooking, sewing in retirement! Heaven!
    I'm proud to say that I'm a member of the Quilt A Month Club for the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative! www.alzquilts.org
    I have a blog on QB now -- please drop in!

Oh my word! Breath-taking!
    "He who masters the grey everyday is a hero."

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PeachPalaceDesigns

This is really beautiful quilt and quilting!! Nice job piecing by Charisma and wonderful job of quilting by you! You should be very proud and I'm sure Charisma loves it!

OMgosh, I have been following it progress. It is gorgeous, simply gorgeous I love feathers, McTavishing and crosshatching. of course it is a hit with me.
    DEB CAVAN

Absolutely Fabulous!!! Bravo to both of you ladies, but if I must be honest - special kudo's to Charisma for recognizing such talent in her protege.

I don't know if either of you ladies are interested in entering quilt shows or not, but PLEASE consider entering this one. It is breathtakingly gorgeous!!
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

Stunning! Love the creams and the quilting.
    Linda

Holy toledo!! Fantastic!!!
    SUEB

Page 1 of 20 1 2 11 ... LastLast