Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Look what DH bought me today.

We were at the Pomona Quilting and Sewing Expo this morning and came home with this hand made Glass Quilt Cabinet. I had seen this mans work before and Road2CA. His cabinets are beautiful and they come in all shapes and sizes. Some of his most beautiful, have dome cut glass tops with hanging racks inside. He lives in New Braunfels, Tx. said today he doesn't know if he will be back to California, he is usually at the Long Beach show in July. He does have a web site. www.quiltcurio.com, it is called Kerry's Collectibles.

Mine is 42" high with a flat top so I can use the top of it for a lamp. It will go in my hallway, where it is fairly dark and definitely no direct light. I have quilt racks, but really wanted something where I could store my Grandmothers antique quilts and unfinished tops. Some are very fragile. Have not had them on racks because of dust. They have been stored under the bed in pillowcases and boxes. Also this is tall enough and has brackets so I can add a couple of glass shelves where I can display my mom and dads anniversary clock they got in Switzerland and I have all my mom's antique Hummels she got in Germany in the early 50s. It has a side glass door as well as it opens from the top, the quilts will be folded and stored it the bottom, no rack which I actually didn't want because I wanted to fold and stack them, you can store more.

Side view of Quilt Curio
    Name:  Attachment-30659.jpe
Views: 22
Size:  58.1 KB

Top view of Quilt Curio
    Name:  Attachment-30660.jpe
Views: 22
Size:  55.1 KB

woowee he is a KEEPER.... that sure is pretty!!! Can't wait to see it with your family treasures in it!

WOW!!! Its beautiful!!! What a great way to protect the quilts and to show them off at the same time.

Beautiful!!! I have seen these and admired them at "Road" too. What a sweetie to buy one for you!!!

I really like this guys work. He makes beautiful cabinets. You are lucky to be the new owner of one.

Wow. That is beautiful. What awesome work. Great job.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    You are a life saver. Just what I have been looking for. It looks like he does beautiful work. I have a sister wintering in Mesa, maybe I can talk her into bringing one back to Minnesota for me when she comes home. Will have to see.

Oh, please repost when it is full!

Wow, your DH is definitely a keeper! What an awesome gift!

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Very pretty! Fill it up and show us!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast