Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Look what my DH and I did today! I LOVE IT!!

Red face Look what my DH and I did today! I LOVE IT!!

After 1.5 years of cutting my fabrics on the dining room table I saw the idea of using two Ikea bookcase for a work table. So my DH and I set out to Ikea and bought the bookcases and the little colored containers that fit inside. They are full of fabric and are really fun! He made me a melamine top and put rubber (not foam) weather stripping (1/16 inch) under the melamine so the top does not slide around.

We then made an ironing board and design wall. The ironing board is made from plywood, batting and a canvas drop cloth from Home Depot. We spray glued the batting to the plywood (I used to layers of batting with spray glue between each layer) and used a staple gun to fasten the canvas top on. It works great and fits on my new work table.

The design wall is 3/4 inch insulation and we again used batting and the spay glue. I originally selected the insulation so I could pin the pieces on and discovered that the pieces stick to the batting without pins!

The room is REALLY small - only 9X11 feet but feels much larger now that I do not have to have my ironing board out. What a wonderful husband I have!!
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image 

Very cool, you 2 did a great job.
    http://www.skillpages.com/DonnaValleyquiltermo
    Sweet Dreams come from under Cozy Quilts made with love.
    Life is short, take time to enjoy it. Play with your kids and g-kids,
    and do what you can for others.

Blog Entries
    Looks really nice. Good job. I have been tossing ideas around trying to figure out how to redo my sewing/guest room. So far no luck.

Blog Entries
    Sweet, sweet, sweet!!!

Beautiful use of space. What a difference on piece of furniture can make, if it is the right piece.

Your work station is very smart. Love the quilt you are working on. How great to have a husband who wants to make things that work for you. Congratulations on everything ;-)
    I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health - Voltaire

Blog Entries
    your space is wonderful! i use a similar idea for my cutting table - two dressers back to back with a formica'd top. and i put the dressers on casters so i can move it around the room.
    Nancy in western NY

You have a beautiful work space and I love the quilt on your design wall. Is it a hard pattern?
    "Every positive thought is a step in the right direction.

Looks wonderful !!! Only 9 x 11 !!! I looks very spacious, tidy and organized !!!

What a great room !! Looks very spacious yet comfy. Congratulations and thank you for sharing.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast