Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: Lookie lookie K3n -Kaleidoscope fabric!

  1. #11
    Power Poster Mousie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    16,938
    Quote Originally Posted by amma
    Oooo so pretty!!! Can't wait to see some blocks now :D :D :wink: :D :D
    ohh, playing hookey for mare stare, too?
    I was on there, and left for a minute...have dial up...have to wait for replies to load...was coming back in a minute...the word
    congratulations, showed on screen, and I sucked in my breath...was on another thread! lol!

    I can't wait to see what you make with these either, Rhonda, cause i have a couple that are similar, and same chicken one. Did I tell you, your one of my heros? :wink:

  2. #12
    Power Poster Rhonda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Salem Iowa
    Posts
    15,074
    Blog Entries
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
    Quote Originally Posted by amma
    Oooo so pretty!!! Can't wait to see some blocks now :D :D :wink: :D :D
    ohh, playing hookey for mare stare, too?
    I was on there, and left for a minute...have dial up...have to wait for replies to load...was coming back in a minute...the word
    congratulations, showed on screen, and I sucked in my breath...was on another thread! lol!

    I can't wait to see what you make with these either, Rhonda, cause i have a couple that are similar, and same chicken one. Did I tell you, your one of my heros? :wink:
    Thank you QnC but I won't be making any! I took the pictures for K3n and I tried one I got the last time I bought there and the busy stuff doens't work very well for what I do. (Dresden Kaleidoscopes)
    Hope someone else is willing to try one of them because I too would love to see them done in the stack and whack. I don't know how to do the stack and whack so I will pass that on to someone else!

    Anyone want to try one? I will get it and send it if you reimburse me for the fabric! I would love to see what the money one would look like!

  3. #13
    Power Poster MadQuilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    ELVERTA, CA
    Posts
    12,880
    Blog Entries
    1
    Love the fabric. Just not too crazy about the stack and whack for myself. My MIL REALLY likes that pattern, so I am very familiar with it. It does take a lot of attention to detail.

    I wonder what the different patterns will yield.

  4. #14
    Super Member Butterflyspain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Torrox, Andalucia, Southern Spain
    Posts
    9,523
    They are lovely fabrics, love the teacup one and the first one, but they are all gorgeous.

    Elle

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Port Angeles, WA
    Posts
    12,755
    pretty fabrics :D

  6. #16
    k3n
    k3n is offline
    Power Poster k3n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Somerset, England
    Posts
    10,714
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by MadQuilter
    Love the fabric. Just not too crazy about the stack and whack for myself. My MIL REALLY likes that pattern, so I am very familiar with it. It does take a lot of attention to detail.

    I wonder what the different patterns will yield.
    Martina - I'm on my second one and it's really fun to do! It's amazing how the stack n whack deconstucts the fabric and recreates it in different ways. The dog one I'm working on, in one block there are ears going round in a circle and they look just like feathers! I love it! Also because there's so much going on in the pattern, if seams don't quite meet, it doesn't matter! I'm by no means a perfect piecer but the end result is fab! Try it!

    Rhonda, thanks so much for doing this! Everyone else - I'm looking into doing chickens, cats and teacups! So thats three more potential WIPs for the list!
    :D :wink:
    K x

  7. #17
    Power Poster Rhonda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Salem Iowa
    Posts
    15,074
    Blog Entries
    48
    K3n I look forward to seeing the teacups in the stack and whack!! I think that one will be very interesting! :D :D


  8. #18
    Power Poster Mousie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    16,938
    Rhonda wrote: Anyone want to try one? I will get it and send it if you reimburse me for the fabric! I would love to see what the money one would look like!

    ok, K, it's up to you to show us more, or somebody that doesn't have a
    'to do' list as long as mine!
    I would love to see money, multiplied!!! :wink:

  9. #19
    Senior Member humbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    887
    Rhonda, your Dresdan Kaleidoscope sounds lovely. I would love to see a picture.

    Those fabric's are beautiful. I have hade 3 S&W's and think any of them would work well.

  10. #20
    Power Poster Rhonda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Salem Iowa
    Posts
    15,074
    Blog Entries
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by humbird
    Rhonda, your Dresdan Kaleidoscope sounds lovely. I would love to see a picture.

    Those fabric's are beautiful. I have hade 3 S&W's and think any of them would work well.
    Humbird here are three links of posts I did with my Dresden Ks

    http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/18738.page

    http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/18219.page

    http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/17706.page


    These are kaleidoscopes but you can see that they have a totally differant look from what Izy and K3n and others do with the stack and whack. I don't think it is at all hard to fussy cut. I like the fact that I get to decide what it looks like more than the stack and whack method does.
    They are both great artistic looks just differant from each other in many ways!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.