Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Lookie at what I got!!!! >

Lookie at what I got!!!!

Lookie at what I got!!!!

Old 09-25-2009, 04:24 PM
Power Poster

Happy belated birthday! Those machines are way cool! I know at one of the shops I go to they have a new book you can buy that has lots of things about it.
I am pretty sure if you check around you are going to find someone to spruce them up.

I have my mom's fifties singer portable. I just had it out the other day looking to see what it needs to be able to use it. Hubby said there was a man he deals with that does the servicing. So... I am going to have him do it. I found some of the old time bobbins at hancock fabrics a couple days ago. 12.50 for a blister pack of them. I used my 40 percent off coupon and went ahead and got them.

Did you get all the attachments? These oldies were really great to have tons of the nice feet come with them.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:11 PM

Oh, I'm so jealous. I've been looking for one up here. Lucky you....

Hope you had a great birthday......
Old 09-25-2009, 05:15 PM

Happy Belated Birthday to everyone! Great gifts by the way!!
Old 09-25-2009, 05:25 PM

Happy birthday...
Best gifts ever...We do understand, trust me :lol:
Old 09-25-2009, 05:50 PM

Thanks everyone! I've got lots of research and shop to visits in the near future.

Happy early bday Rhonda!

SulaBug: A month long bday is a first for me! Didn't really plan on it, but as I kept buying I just said it's a bday gift, LOL

vicki reno: I believe the stores you mentioned are still in business. I checked out the websites, but I think I'll just go there and see what it looks like.

RedGarnet222: Did you get all the attachments? No, one came with some and not sure what they are, and the other didn't. But I'm sure I'll start collecting them after I get the 1/4" foot.

I'm so glad you all understand my crazy madness! Everyone here still looks at me and shakes their heads. My daughter just asked if I named them yet, LOL.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:12 PM

There's a Featherweight group on yahoo that has any information you might need to do all the servicing yourself. The group has knowelagable folks who are so helpful and nice. I have four featherweights (two black, one tan, one white) and can relate to your addition to featherweights. These little machines sew beautifully and are just so cute! :-)
Old 09-25-2009, 07:26 PM

They are lovely! Congratulations!

I have three FWs. As far as service, I promise you that there is nothing that is not super simple on these machines. If you can turn a screw with a screwdriver you can easily be a master Featherweight technician.

David McCallum has a book, better yet a DVD on exactly how to do it. From routine oiling to changing the electrical cords for the foot control, even the motor brushes are SUPER easy to do. All of that can be done in just a few minutes. A complete service at a sewing machine shop will cost you more than his DVD and they likely will not do the machine justice. I highly recommend getting his book or DVD and do your own.

David McCallum has a website, including a sample of his video on the 221s. He is also more than happy to answer any emails if you are having specific problems.

Congrats again, you got some beauties! And, Happy Birthday!
:)
Old 09-25-2009, 09:56 PM

you can put one in my house , i,ll even dust it daily :D happy happy birthday to you , :thumbup: :thumbup: im so happy for you
Old 09-25-2009, 10:09 PM

O.K. I am tickled with your find! Kudos to you and happy Happy birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D I name my featherweights. I have "Abby", "Chloe", and "Sophie". A friend in Oregon does too. now that does sound looney ... :lol:
Old 09-26-2009, 02:47 AM

Wow!!!! Happy Birthday. Maybe I should start celebrating the whole month of May next year.