Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 15 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for opinions on BFF fabrics

Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)
    Blog Entries

Looking for opinions on BFF fabrics

These pictures are from an upcoming collection called "BFF"... by Elizabeth's Studio (ES). When the sales rep showed them to me, my first thought was along the lines of "aww, too bad they are all sepia, a little color would have been nice" ... and so I didn't order them.

But the sales rep said that at Quilt Market they were the most-sought-after group from ES. And I've spoken a couple of times to Richard Cohn (head guy at ES) and he keeps telling me to reconsider, because they apparently are taking LOTS of orders for this line and he doesn't want me to be left out. (I do order a lot of fabrics by ES, because the designs and the quality of the printing are so top-notch.)

So... I'm asking what you think? Am I making a mistake by not ordering these?

You can see the whole collection - with bigger pictures, and including the floral & dot coordinates - here on ES's site: http://elizabethsstudio.wordpress.com/category/bff/
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image 

Blog Entries
    I think they are so pretty/nostalgic - and you could brighten the fabrics up with borders and alternating squares !
    To keep your mind fresh- learn one new thing a day !

Blog Entries
    I like them. I would think most of us have a BFF that would love a quilt made from this fabric

Blog Entries
    I love those and actually like the fact that they are sepia. Makes them unique. And anyone could brighten them up with color.

Senior Member Aubrey'sQuiltingCreations's Avatar
    I would order them if I was you. These are just so cute with so many options to use them for.

Oh my Goodness they are so beautiful. What will the price per yard or panel be???
    I want some.
    http://www.skillpages.com/DonnaValleyquiltermo
    Sweet Dreams come from under Cozy Quilts made with love.
    Life is short, take time to enjoy it. Play with your kids and g-kids,
    and do what you can for others.

Personally, I like the sepia tones. Any color could be used with them for sashing or alternate pieced blocks. It would be very hard to look at fabrics to decide what to order. I feel your pain.
    Join me in fighting Alzheimer's Disease-http://www.alzquilts.org/. Make 9" x 12" mini quilts that are sold. These are sold on-line and at the Houston Quilt Show. One hundred percent of the proceeds go for research to fight this dread disease. I lost my Dad to it and my mother-in-law has it as well. Something has to be done--we can sew for a cure!

I'm not blown away by them. I don't know how I would use them because the girls aren't "little" girls and I don't know if older girls would what a quilt with the girls playing little girl games. This is only my opinion. I do like the flowered fabrics.
    I hope more people chime in so you can get help with your question.
    Pam

I think they will be a hit. Someone needs to make a quilt out of them and then everyone will want them.
    Lorraine

Super Member ChildoftheUniverse's Avatar
    I really like this as I am a big sepia fan.. . with all the talent on this board, I'll bet you will see pictures of fantastic quilts in no time. I say go for it.
    We are star dust, we are golden!

Page 1 of 15 1 2 11 ... LastLast