Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Looking for suggestions for quilting

Quote Originally Posted by Delta View Post
    When I did my storm at sea and 2 hearts. I stipples small in the white. did not do the black but on yours you could go just onside the colored pieces. I did a row or two on the color part of my wall hanging.
    Yours is awesome. I really like what you did. I take it that is a panel and nice job
    Yes it is a panel. Is there a pic of your quilt on the board? I would love to see it!

Quote Originally Posted by DebraK View Post
    Will you be using a domestic machine, a longarm, or are you hand quilting?
    I usually hand quilt,but want to machine this one on my domestic machine and give it a little more structure as a wall hanging. Just not sure if my skills are up to the task!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Patsy's View Post
    I usually hand quilt,but want to machine this one on my domestic machine and give it a little more structure as a wall hanging. Just not sure if my skills are up to the task!
    I really think that what you will most happy with is simple out-line quilting... go around the objects, both pictorial and stitch-in-the-ditch. It is a beautiful quilt and it doesn't need a lot of fancy squiggles or another design to make it shine! Enhance the design by sewing the outlines, it will make the objects in the center panel pop and the rest of the quilt stands on its own two feet (so to speak).

Quote Originally Posted by MTS View Post
    Was that a pattern or your own design?
    I designed the sas layout for this quilt in a class with Wendy Mathson, who is a GREAT teacher btw. However I got the panel from Tracey Brookshier and was inspired by her quilt pattern called Crane Moon. Here is a link to her quilt: http://www.traceybrookshier.com/patt...aneMoon362.jpg

Very pretty!

Blog Entries
    I'm not a "Master" quilter, I'm a pretty good beginner, but on a quilt like this (BEAUTIFUL) I think the quilting itself needs to be minimal to allow the beauty of the pattern and fabric to come through. I would stitch in ditch around the bigger squares then follow the curves of the pattern itself, finishing with the rolling hills in the center panel

Blog Entries
    WOW, that is awesome. Be sure to show us when it is quilted. BrendaK
    Be kind to yourself, by being kind to others. When you help others you help yourself.

Beautiful quilt! I have that same Asian fabric in my stash, love what you did with it!
    Warm quilt hugs, Sue in CA
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PostCardMailArt

Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death....Rosalind Russell

I agree with several suggestions here about simple quilting. I am trying to decide about the sky area in the panel. should I do more quilting (such as echo) to flatten that area and make the cranes stand out more, or just do a similar amount of quilting as with the rest of the quilt?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Patsy's View Post
    I agree with several suggestions here about simple quilting. I am trying to decide about the sky area in the panel. should I do more quilting (such as echo) to flatten that area and make the cranes stand out more, or just do a similar amount of quilting as with the rest of the quilt?
    I like your quilt better than the one in the link! As for quilting the panel, I would follow some of the waves, around the "moon," the 3 big cranes and enough of the smaller ones to balance. Really gorgeous quilt!
    Fay

Wanted: a job that involves raising cats, riding motorcycles and creating quilts!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3